Subject: Next buys? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
I have x2 base game, Millenium Falcon, Firespray, x2 tie advance x2 B wing... My wife playes rebel and I play imperial. I like to try to balance my purchases. I plan on getting x1 regular tie and x1 xwing in next purchase.... What else? I think maybe phantoms for imperial... not sure for rebel. I think maybe something with good movement. A wing?... I'm not too familiar with newer stuff and feel like Y wings might be too similar to B Wings... What else would anyone recommend. I'm trying to fill my cart for 100$ Shipping... More big ships maybe/ Not sure what has great agility for rebels but doesn't suck (As I hear A Wings do....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to point out, there are two different "base games". The original Core and the Force Awakens Core. Which ones do you have?

I play Imperials myself so I am not an expert in Rebel stuff. I know the YT-2400 is a good ship and I see Corran in the E-Wing periodically. I think that's one of those ships that is only really used with one pilot though. When I see A-Wings, I see them in multiples. K-Wing looks good and can move very fast. Y-Wings have turrets which gives them a different feel than B's I think.

On the Imperial side... Imperial Veterans gives you a lot of good stuff, and a TIE Interceptor (either blister or from Imperial Aces) is a good ship. TIE Defenders are popular right now with the new titles from Veterans. Phantom is good. TIE/fo is good and comes with great cards, you can run a strong setup just out of a blister with Juke & Comm Relay. Inquisitor's TIE is very good too (TIE Adv. Prototype).

Since you have the TIE Advanced, you could also consider picking up a copy of TIE/x1 + Advanced Targeting Computer from eBay. It will cost about $14 w/ shipping but will make Vader way more useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original. Not force awakens. I want to get the new ones but mini mart costs too much for my wallet and cool stuff is out atm... So yea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check your local Target for core sets. They occasionally have them in the clearance section.
If you get the Phantom, be aware of what a PITA it is. If you want your wife to like you I suggest getting the YT-2400 so she can have Dash to beat up your phantom with. The Phantom pushed the meta in an ugly direction, so be sure it is something you truly want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:

Since you have the TIE Advanced, you could also consider picking up a copy of TIE/x1 + Advanced Targeting Computer from eBay. It will cost about $14 w/ shipping but will make Vader way more useful.

Or he can just proxy it if he isn't doing tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Some ideas in there. Searched out those promos. Pretty cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
went with an additional X and additional tie and both aces packs. Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that you might end up needing to buy a few more Imperials over another Rebel. Tie Fighters are pretty cheap and you can fit a lot more Imperials in a list than you can Rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinxstar wrote:
Original. Not force awakens. I want to get the new ones but mini mart costs too much for my wallet and cool stuff is out atm... So yea.

Sending you a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.