Red Oak11
msg tools
Hi all,

About a two weeks ago I finally decided to buy Mage Knight, after much deliberation. However, when I opened the box, the game was missing:

- both instruction manuals
- both "boards" (the day/night board and the fame counter)
- one of Goldyx's skills
- various mana tokens

I filled out the form on Wizkids' Product Replacement service, and sent them an email. That was a week and a half ago, and as yet there hasn't been any response, and the status of the product replacement package hasn't changed at all.

Is this delay normal? Will they eventually pull through?

Thanks. It's been frustrating, opening a new game to have it be missing the four physically largest pieces (rule books and boards)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WizKids is very slow to respond on any issue. I think your best course of action is to return the game to the retailer for a refund or replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, your experience is typical based on my own experience and what I've read here on the forums. I've had to use their replacement system twice. Each time, I had almost given up hope...and then a package arrived without any warning or correspondence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to use it for both the base game and expansion. I don't think I even got an auto-reply when I filled out the form, but in both cases a package arrived via standard mail with the replacement pieces I requested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently requested replacement parts for Shades and followed up with an email about 2 weeks later. Wiz kids replied stating they had my request and I was in the list, and it would take some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because this is such an egregious error in the base game (not just a bent card or dinged token) I would take it back to where you bought it. The store/retailer can go through their supplier to recoup their loss. Wizkids will probably respond to suppliers. They won't reply to you (and, to be honest, barely care about you).

You should be able to get a replacement game from a reputable retailer. If not... then you will have to get ready to wait for a completely unknown amount of time for replacement pieces.

(I wish Mage Knight would have been publish by CGE from the beginning.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is CGE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Czech Games Edition.

They publish a lot of Vlaada games among other things. He might work for/own them too for all I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. One thing is for sure...it wouldn't be worse than WizKids.

I just don't understand how you leave stuff out of the box!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you look under the plastic insert? That's where my boards and manuals were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be funny..and a relief for the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Boga
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
don't worry
badge
ELMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Human error. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Oak11
msg tools
RockLobster wrote:
Did you look under the plastic insert? That's where my boards and manuals were.

Ha, I did! But, I definitely had a moment of - "oh no, did I just lose the boards and rulebooks? Am I going crazy?"

But after many checks - they're definitely not here.

Everyone else - thanks for your quick responses! I'll wait another little bit and see if Wizkids responds. This local game store isn't going to stock Mage Knight again, so my only other option is to order it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a side note: Hound the hell out of them! devilarrrhninjaangry

Not sure of the accuracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip James
msg tools
It's been more than four months since I requested replacement pieces for the Tezla expansion.

Don't hold your breath. Take it back to the retailer and let them deal with it under the assumption that WizKids might pay more attention to a retailer than a consumer.

Good luck - hang in there, the game (and this is saying A LOT!!) is worth the frustration of dealing with WizKids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested replacement pieces for the Tezla expansion in January. I waited till March and I sent an email to Wizkids to enquire about the status. I've got a reply from them telling me to wait as they were proceeding according to the sequence of requests.

I waited till July and send them another email to ask about the status; however, I have just got the automatic reply but no further response. I am still waiting for the replacement after 7 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekku wrote:
Czech Games Edition.

They publish a lot of Vlaada games among other things. He might work for/own them too for all I know.

Vlaada is the major owner of CGE company, he found it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had tezla arrive, ~ 4 months since I placed the request. I had no communications beside they recieved my request and then ~ 4 days ago that a package shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Got my expansion components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dzyhanas S.
Turkey
flag msg tools
I got my replacement for Lost Legion expansion something like 4 months and replacements for Shades of Tesla 6 months -JUST TODAY!!!! -.

Both of the replacement packages arrived with all replacements of all flawed components. They are slow but they sent them in the completely. I think they send replacements according to reproduction. So if you miss recent reproduction, you have to wait next one. Luckly Mage Knight is a popular and well sold game so they make reproductions once or twice a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.