Hide
4 Posts

Rattle, Battle, Grab the Loot» Forums » General

Subject: Why different coins for EU/America? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Nielsen
msg tools
Does anyone know why there were different types of coins for EU? I would have thought in any case that the EU edition would've had the more "premium" components due to the country of origin, but cannot understand why it can't be both.

I unfortunately did not know this until I opened the box, which would definitely have affected my purchase decision; I thought the game seemed good not necessarily great but the metal coins were a big draw for me.

Fortunately I liked the game (love dice in general) and my only real gripe is that I would have liked more adventures. However it sucks feeling that I got left out from the cool kids version :/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious, are the coins in the EU version cardboard? As much as I love the metal coins in this one -- it is difficult to tell the two colors apart in a not-so-well-lit room. But the feel and weight feel great

Personally I would like more adventures and scenarios. Though an expansion has just come out so I will give that a shot. It's very chaotic and I can see why it gets dinged in the ratings b/c the sense of control is practically loss even w/ the ship upgrades. I still like it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nielsen
msg tools
KingD21 wrote:
are the coins in the EU version cardboard?

Indeed they are, I will be honest and say that the stock is good though, similar to the rest.

I do agree on what you said, more stuff would be great, but yeah, an expansion is out so that part is handled .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, you can purchase the metal coins from the portal games website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.