Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to finally see images of all the minis! So how about a poll to see which is your favorite (in appearance).

Poll
Now that the kickstarter has launched what faction has the best minis?
Darkness
Sky
Chaos
Storm
Earth
Invisible God
Sea
Moon
      80 answers
Poll created by wtrollkin2000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Favorite Faction Minis
That is pretty obvious - Darkness. Although Malia is also very "nice", Darkness is amazing as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for the Invisible God

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have voted for Darkness, but the Trolls just ruin it for me. But I'm excited to see how it looks after they tweak that model. All of the other Darkness sculpts are amazing.

For me it's a toss up between Sky and Earth overall. Both are done really really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkness is cool except troll !
Troll in glorantha are not Ape !! I hope Sandy will change that !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mormorod wrote:
Darkness is cool except troll !
Troll in glorantha are not Ape !! I hope Sandy will change that !

I couldn't agree more. This was the first pass 3D model and it didn't quite match my concept art. They didn't have enough time to respond to feedback before we went live. The final piece will be much more Trollish since my intention was for them to match up well with the Trolls that Fenris Games already produces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kamerbeek
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats pretty obvious MOON!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
My hope for the trolls was that while they may have a somewhat apish posture, they would not physically look like apes. I'm sure at a minimum their head will be changing quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Dale
msg tools
It's funny that I never personally had any problem with the trolls. Maybe I was blinded by the other minis' awesomeness or I have bad taste. x)

I hope this is seen as constructive criticism Mr. Petersen, but given the results of the poll I think there seems to be a notable lack of excitement for the Invisible God's miniatures; for me at least that much is true.

I really like the Invisible God in terms of concept and it'll definitely be one of the factions I'll be maining when not playing Sky, but other than the Towers' design I don't feel very inspired by any of the minis. I know you mentioned in a post that you like their buildings' designs, but the castles are actually my least favourite sculpts: when I see the castles I can't help but see big rectangles. (I suppose the ziggurats could be said to be "just" pyramids too, but they seem a lot more dynamic and interesting.) I appreciate that the faction is all about logic and reason, but maybe its designs are a tad TOO realistic. x) That being said, in real life there are many amazing castles out there....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.