$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: table space needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I only have a small table available at the moment and the first scenario did fit on it. Now I am worried which to play next without getting a lot bigger. It could expand in the wide but not much in the height. Any suggestions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the first two and I was able to play them both on a coffee table. Not sure about 3 and 4 though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map is not very large in the first two scenarios. Not sure about the other two.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the 1st, 2nd, and 4th scenarios and I'd say the 2nd took up the most table space. It's still not dramatically larger than the first scenario, though, so you may still be in good shape.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amanwing wrote:
Hi, I only have a small table available at the moment and the first scenario did fit on it. Now I am worried which to play next without getting a lot bigger. It could expand in the wide but not much in the height. Any suggestions?


If it is just the size of the coffee table rather than the size of the room, it might be worth going to a local Do-it-yourself store and getting them to cut you a piece of thin (say 6mm) mdf or plywood of a suitable size (perhaps 1mx1m) and lay it on top of the table. It can be stacked somewhere out of the way when not playing. Just be careful not to knock against it while playing, if you want more stability just get5 4 pieces of wood (about 30mmx30mmx150mm) and use wood glue (no need for nails or screws) to fix them to the underside of your surface positioned just outside the limits of your coffee table so that your play surface fits over the coffee table but doesn't move too much if knocked.

Very simple and requires only minimal DIY skills.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
amanwing wrote:
Hi, I only have a small table available at the moment and the first scenario did fit on it. Now I am worried which to play next without getting a lot bigger. It could expand in the wide but not much in the height. Any suggestions?


If it is just the size of the coffee table rather than the size of the room, it might be worth going to a local Do-it-yourself store and getting them to cut you a piece of thin (say 6mm) mdf or plywood of a suitable size (perhaps 1mx1m) and lay it on top of the table. It can be stacked somewhere out of the way when not playing. Just be careful not to knock against it while playing, if you want more stability just get5 4 pieces of wood (about 30mmx30mmx150mm) and use wood glue (no need for nails or screws) to fix them to the underside of your surface positioned just outside the limits of your coffee table so that your play surface fits over the coffee table but doesn't move too much if knocked.

Very simple and requires only minimal DIY skills.

I did this a while back - works great.

For the big games, if I want to play them in the front room, I have a piece of MDF that is about 5 feet by 4 feet (or maybe 6x4) that fit's nicely on an ironing board. Actually feels a tiny bit healthier standing to play and walking around the 'table' more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
The thing that irks me about this is that when you first set up the map you have no idea if the map is long or wide. The game should tell you which part of the table to put the starting tile or draw an empty outline of the map during initial setup.

Has anyone played enough to determine if the maps are always one way or the other?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my plays so far (scenarios one and two), the start tile(s) are roughly in the bottom center of the completed map.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
In my plays so far (scenarios one and two), the start tile(s) are roughly in the bottom center of the completed map.


Can confirm that is not always the case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.