Popular Tags: [View All]
Aae Suzuki
United States
PHILADELPHIA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are other shipments of Capt Sonar coming in. Or do we just have to wait for the reprint. Yesterday, I checked at CSI and there were 20+. Today, it's sold out at all major online sellers. Ugh.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats the Shut Up and Sit Down effect in action right there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet sold out... in the US, virtually sold out in France and most of Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
Not yet sold out... in the US, virtually sold out in France and most of Europe.

It's a testament to how great this game is - well done! Hopefully those without copies will receive one soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Bee

Washington
msg tools
While this game looks incredible, I would warn everyone that this is what happens to every new board game that has a new sexy idea. Board Game Hobbyists are ravaging hoarders and constantly on the look out for the new "NEW". I'm a victim of it, you're a victim of it and we're all craving the newest thing and being able to share it with our friends and family.

This game can't get any more hype, so while we're all hungry for it, in 2 months it'll be available everywhere just like Codenames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aae Suzuki
United States
PHILADELPHIA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the all the replies.

Yes, I do agree about the cult of the new. I stopped buying games for two years because of this. Most games feel samey to me and I have some version of it on my bookshelf.

However, this game fills a specific niche which is that it plays 8 players and isn't a coop. Hence, why I am angry at myself for not buying it yesterday when it was in my cart. I am such a dumbkopf sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
Cant find it anywhere this morning :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gamers,

Seriously US Inventory is not sold out as far as I know... must be temporary so I think in a few days you'll have plenty of opportunities to get the game.

I am so genuinely happy that the game gets so much love. We loved it right from the start, but never thought it would do very well. That is such a nice surprise!

A reprint is underway for the rest of the world, because there is a genuine shortage outside the US.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked yesterday as well, and was disappointed to see that Asmodee has a new policy where they are limiting their online distribution of their games. That was a bummer and caused me to lose interest in Captain Sonar! I have not researched who can carry their games, but I mainly buy from Amazon, so I doubt I will be getting CS any time soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Leong
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a rare occasion but I literally have 7 people wanting to come join me for games at my place, so I looked for this game like my life depended on it.

All the online stores were out of stock, so I tried brick and mortar stores that did not have an online ordering presence. It worked but barely.

Most stores were still out of stock while the last store I tried had one left. I told my boss I'm taking my lunch break and went straight to the game store (it was 10am).

Phew that was a close one, without this game I am stuck to all the usual party games =S.

TLDR: I was lucky to snag one last Tuesday in Sydney, Australia =).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bohm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...Yesterday evening I was buying several gifts on CSI for friends and needed about $40 to get to the free shipping threshold. I figured I would treat myself to a game as well, but I couldn't find anything I wanted. I happened to stumble upon the SDSU review and immediately added the game to my cart. I cannot believe how lucky I got! Usually I see a game I want and I am a month late to the party...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
Camberley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its now sold out everywhere in Europe, only a few weeks after GenCon. Anyone know if there will be a restock this year?

Seems like a very conservative distribution that potentially has left money on the table...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iainreid wrote:
Its now sold out everywhere in Europe, only a few weeks after GenCon. Anyone know if there will be a restock this year?

Seems like a very conservative distribution that potentially has left money on the table...

I suspect they didn't predict that SU&SD would give it such a glowing review.

Luckily I pre-ordered mine a while back as I'm a big Space Cadets fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
iainreid wrote:

I suspect they didn't predict that SU&SD would give it such a glowing review.

Luckily I pre-ordered mine a while back as I'm a big Space Cadets fan.

Actually we never expected such good reviews, appreciation and acclaim from the community...

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
West Bend
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI has it back for pre-order with an expected in stock date of next Tuesday 8/23/2016. Just ordered mine! Woot! Woot!

Definitely taking to work for a markerting vs engineering competition...this game looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattrick wrote:
CSI has it back for pre-order with an expected in stock date of next Tuesday 8/23/2016. Just ordered mine! Woot! Woot!

Definitely taking to work for a markerting vs engineering competition...this game looks great!

I totally want results on Marketing Vs Engineering Match !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has had a copy appear every now and again on their listing. Just set up an email alert and refresh every now and then, you might get lucky. I did earlier this week, and my copy is arriving today.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/captain_sonar/38...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voderberg
United States
Lake Mary
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I walked into Cool Stuff Maitland on Saturday and traded form heroclix for this game. Worth it, and the benefit of having CS as your brick and mortar FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Snyder
United States
Zanesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw - I think this game deserves the hype and I'm glad to see it doing so well! I needed a rush copy in time for tonight and cardhaus came to the recuse for me. But for those who don't know - a great site to quickly check stock and prices: http://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/captainsonar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.