Subject: Boardgame shop in Sendai rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Sie
Singapore
Woodlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Sendai for a week for business trip at the end of Aug. Staying in Westin Sendai. Only have a short evening from 4pm onwards to do some simple shopping. Any boardgame shops near the hotel or Sendai Station? I'm hoping to check out some local games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy Calcan
Japan
Yokohama
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!
I live in the Tokyo area, and no Sendai expert at all(never been there), so I may be wrong.

Done a quick google search, but it seems like the only hope is Yodobashi Sendai shop.
http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/store/0058/
The floor guide says the have "Toys/Games" on the second floor, so that should be your best bet.
Most Yodobashi shops I see in Tokyo area has boardgames, I believe Sendai shop has it too.

Much lower possibility though, on the other side of Sendai station there is LOFT store.
(JP only)http://www.loft.co.jp/shop_list/detail.php?shop_id=285
https://goo.gl/maps/8UMRy
LOFT holds wide variety of items... soaps, fragrance, stationery, kitchen goods... and some toys.
Some LOFT I see in Tokyo area has small amount of games, so Sendai store might have some too.
Even if they didn't have games, wandering around viewing various goods in the LOFT shop is quite fun IMHO.

--
For reference
the first search result I found was this QA thread on yahooJP.
(JP only)http://games.yahoo.co.jp/qa/detail?qid=12154516262
Timestamped Jan/2016, so it should be not too outdated.
Quote:
Q: Any boardgame stores in Sendai? I know Yodobashi.
A: Never heard of any boardgame specialty stores.
reply: Thanks, I will stick to Yodobashi and Amazon for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hei there

I live in Sendai so I can tell you that....

there is not a proper boardgame store in here. However, there is quite a big of a boardgame scene. We had a game cafe (that closed due to personal reasons, not lack of clientele), groups of foreigner and japanese that meet, etc.

If you are up for some games send me a PM and hopefully we can arrange something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morio Takatori
Japan
Sendai City
Miyagi Prefecture
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steven,

I live in Sendai, and I and my friends use only Yodobashi (mentioned above) as physical boardgame shop around Sendai station. I'm afraid there isn't any other viable options.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sie
Singapore
Woodlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, very helpful info indeed. Yodobashi should be good enough, given my limited time there.

Nushura, thanks for inviting, I'm afraid I only have a short evening, won't be able to join.

Now for something beside games.

1. What would be the best place to try Gyutan around Sendai Station? Not too pricey please. Will be going with 4 other colleagues. Any other 'must try' for dinner there? Say 2000 to 3000 Yen per person?

2. What time do most shopping mall close?

3. Which would be the better place to shop? East side of Sendai Station, West of Sendai Station, or around Aobado-Riichibancho Station? I'm looking for local product, such as snacks, can food, stationery,trad toys for kids(?). I'm not looking for electronic gadgets, clothing, luxury items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-As for gyutan, the typical place is called "Rikyu" but I consider it a tourist trap. I recommend much more some izakaya (drinking pub) around kokubuncho (party area). My personal fauvorite is called "Ruriza" but it is a bit above your budget. I would say you check onto "tabelog.com" for a big list of such places

-Most shops close 9pm

-Certainly the arcade by the station is full of shops. I recommend going to the basement of any department store for a supermarket where you can find all the snacks/food/etc. For toys/etc..., Maybe check Loft?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sie
Singapore
Woodlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nushura
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.