Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Unfair Group Pledge The Netherlands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi all,

The Kickstarter campaign of Unfair has gone live today. In the comment section there were questions regarding whether or not it would be possible to sign up for group pledges. The creator stated that it really depends on the demand, but could also set something up for a case to case basis.
Would anyone be interested in setting up a group pledge for the Netherlands so that we can share shipping costs? If we can create a list of people that might be interested, we can check with the developers of the game to what arrangement is possible.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Rik

PS: If there is not so much interest in a group pledge I would also already be interested in signing up for the two-pack with one other person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already pledged and am waiting to see myself if this will be worth it. The art and theme are great but imo it is a bit too expensive (game+shipping). The creators already stated with groupbuys there won't be much of a discount per copy, but I guess I could contact them privately to ask how much exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not going to get a cheaper rate than 10 dollars to ship this to Europe (het kost verdorie bijna zoveel om een pakje van NL naar BE te sturen), trust me on that one, I was surprised it was so low to begin with.

Just decide for yourself if getting the game is worth 52 euros or not, I think it is.

(of course if it ends up not being EU friendly and having to pay extra customs charges I won't be backing )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess to me it is probably not worth €50+. It's badically a card game with just over 200 cards. Dominion has over 500 cards for around €35.

The stretch goals will be teasers for upcoming expansions so nothing special there to warrant the cost. Plus, I think this will be much cheaper retail eventually.

So unless there will be a lot of nice or even exclusive stretch goals or maybe a complete expansion, I'll probably wait for retail.

Once again, the art and theme are great, but imo the price is a little too high for what it is, especially when there are already lots of plans for expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a quite small developer, so I'm not sure this will get a wide distribution in the EU, which is necessary to get a lower retail price here. I'm still backing this at the moment, but I get the arguments on the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
I guess to me it is probably not worth €50+. It's badically a card game with just over 200 cards. Dominion has over 500 cards for around €35.

True, dominion has more cards, but it has a lot of duplicates. Unfair has 126 unique illustrations in 228 cards, so artwork cost is higher (and I think also the value, but I'm biased! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have play tested Unfair multiple times and can say that there is a ton more interesting and interactive game play in Unfair compared to Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:

Each card has unique artwork though, and unique functions. Dominion physically has more cards but they're repeats of each other. You can't base value solely on quantity. This also comes with playmats and chips, which base Dominion does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
There will be bigger packs available on the Kickstarter soon according to the creator. I already have 6 people lined up for a group pledge, so depending on the number of games we can buy, the price may be dropping a bit. Let's wait and see when the bigger pledges will be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to awesome kickstarter backers who have helped pay off our significant art costs, Unfair has been expanded by 50% by the addition of 2 whole 56 card theme packs, adding 112 cards taking the core game up to 340 cards with 176 unique illustrations.

We will announce 6 packs to save on shipping even further shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbrebach wrote:

When the KS has ended?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
kbrebach wrote:
Thanks to awesome kickstarter backers who have helped pay off our significant art costs, Unfair has been expanded by 50% by the addition of 2 whole 56 card theme packs, adding 112 cards taking the core game up to 340 cards with 176 unique illustrations.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Hope you'll announce more info very soon, as there is only 1 week in the campaign left and a lot of people are starting to back down from the group pledge that I was trying to set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rikclaessens wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the info! Hope you'll announce more info very soon, as there is only 1 week in the campaign left and a lot of people are starting to back down from the group pledge that I was trying to set up.

Kim's moving house today so he's not online, but he's assured me that the details for a 6-pack will be confirmed and shared in the next 24 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe 25 hours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
The group pledge is here!
$59,- for a single pledge
$52,- per game for the duo pledge
$46,- per game for the 6-pack pledge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
There are still some spots left in my group pledge. Who is interested? I live in Delft for when you'd like to pick up the game.

Edit: all spots taken!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.