Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules recommend that beginners play a 2 mission game with "Distress Signal" and "Outpost Defense". What I've been doing with beginners instead is play a full game with those two missions stacked at the top of the mission deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the point of a 2 mission is to get used to the way the game works. With experienced gamers, I would go ahead with a regular 5 mission game. With inexperienced ones I would stick to the 2 missions, In fact, I would say that it was just a "demo" so they could get the mechanics and not worry about the long game. If you wanted a "middle" approach, I would suggest 3 or 4 missions.

Of course you can also go up to 10!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as starting with the two easiest missions, the ones least likely to get us confused or killed, and then finishing the game rather than starting over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well with experienced gamers I've had no issue with 5 mission game the 2 times I've taught it so far. If I were playing with in-experienced gamers I might go with 2 mission "demo" game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Abel
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Here is our weeknight casual game: Each player chooses two character cards. Each turn, you choose which one you want to use. Play three missions, chosen randomly. You have to finish before the deck runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.