Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got home from Gen Con that one of the cardboard flats in my copy of Vast had scoring marks across one side. The flat in question contained most of the Crystal cave tiles, rendering them instantly identifiable, even when "hidden."

I've contacted the publisher for replacement tiles, but judging by the comments in his open letter, it may be a while.

Aside from not allowing anyone to play as The Cave, are there any suggestions out there for how I might be able to play with the marked tiles? Anything I could do to cover the scoring marks would similarly distinguish the Crystal tiles from the rest of the set. And I'd rather not mark up the other cave tiles to match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dodonna wrote:
Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got home from Gen Con that one of the cardboard flats in my copy of Vast had scoring marks across one side. The flat in question contained most of the Crystal cave tiles, rendering them instantly identifiable, even when "hidden."

I've contacted the publisher for replacement tiles, but judging by the comments in his open letter, it may be a while.

Aside from not allowing anyone to play as The Cave, are there any suggestions out there for how I might be able to play with the marked tiles? Anything I could do to cover the scoring marks would similarly distinguish the Crystal tiles from the rest of the set. And I'd rather not mark up the other cave tiles to match.

What I would do is print out the tiles from the PnP file (or scan your own tiles) on sticky paper (no idea how it's called, but you know, paper that consists of 2 layers that's sticky on one side when you remove the other layer), paste them on cardboard and cut them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
I would print the back for everytile, and stick with adhesive paper on the tile.
Im afraid that if you will not have whole tile like that the tiles will anyway be recognizable. But if you adhesive paper the whole tiles, you will need to be sure for a full tile refund.
Instead of using adhesive paper if you will refund JUST the wrong tile, you can print the back of each tile and wrap each tile in transparent plastic (pvc one for food too)
Maybe some other can give better hints

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't want to mess up the rest of the tiles, so I'm leaning toward the PnP solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you contacted Leder games. I'm sure they'd sort out a replacement sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.