Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to post this over at FFG as well.

We have had these for some time now. So I have a couple of questions if anyone would like to share, about wear and tear, whether you use them, etc...

Poll
Do you use the Maneuver Dial Upgrades for different ship dials swapping them out as needed.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
41.4% 12
No
58.6% 17
Voters 29
Swaping Dials: How well does this work?
I don't swap them.
48.1% 13
I tried it and wouldn't recommend it
0.0% 0
It wears the card board and/or gets too loose to use.
3.7% 1
So-So
7.4% 2
I use both
0.0% 0
It's okay
18.5% 5
I like it
11.1% 3
I love it and would highly recommend it.
11.1% 3
Voters 27
Swapping Dials: How well do they over time. Wear and tear.
N/A - I never swap the dial
51.9% 14
1 - Sucks
0.0% 0
3.7% 1
3 - Okay
11.1% 3
14.8% 4
5 - Good. Haven't seen any problem. I play often AND I swap them all of the time.
18.5% 5
Voters 27
NOT swamping dials: How well do they over time. Wear and tear.
N/A - I always swap out the dial for the ship I'm playing
41.7% 10
1 - Sucks, wears out and/or loose over time.
4.2% 1
8.3% 2
3 - Okay
12.5% 3
12.5% 3
5 - Good, haven't see any problems and I play often.
20.8% 5
Voters 24
This poll is now closed.   29 answers
Poll created by Ken at Sunrise
Closes: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:00 am

Thank you everyone in advance for your help,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that it's decent enough to swap out.

I'm wondering, though, if they will suit you. We both have large collections and we often do large games. Are you thinking of getting enough to put all your ships in them? Or just for your non-epic games?

I decided against as I don't really play the same list over and over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:

I'm wondering, though, if they will suit you. We both have large collections and we often do large games. Are you thinking of getting enough to put all your ships in them? Or just for your non-epic games?

Yes, but even in a 400 point game there is just so many ships you can fit.

I was thinking of getting about 20 per side. Or 24 for both Empire and Rebellion then 9 for Pirates. Do you think we'll field more ships than that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
heychadwick wrote:

Yes, but even in a 400 point game there is just so many ships you can fit.

I was thinking of getting about 20 per side. Or 24 for both Empire and Rebellion then 9 for Pirates. Do you think we'll field more ships than that?

Do you think that is enough for Epic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note on the best way to swap these out:

Push simultaneously down on the "ship ID rectangle" and the edge of the dial. That will easily push the center selector widget off the post and make for an easy swap.

I have eight of each dial, so I don't have to swap out for every game, but I swap out very frequently. It has not been a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:
I have eight of each dial, so I don't have to swap out for every game, but I swap out very frequently. It has not been a problem.

First, thanks for the feedback. I'm sure that others like myself who are on the fence about buying them appreciate it. But I have to ask... why eight? They come in packages of three, right? Did you lose / trade / break one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see a need for nine, and a friend wanted four, so I sold him one of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Ooofff....yes. I think that's enough, but that's quite a bit of cash. Personally, I just printed out pictures of whatever ship it is and glued them to the back of the dial. So, all my Tie Fighters have a picture of a Tie Fighter on the back, etc. If I wanted to, I could put numbers on them, as well. That way there would be no confusion as to which dial goes to which ship.

I guess I just don't really see the need for the new dials. I'm a cheap bastard and not really willing to spend so much cash on something I don't really deem as necessary. Maybe if I was playing the same list over and over and over again for tournaments, I would want it, but......I don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Ooofff....yes. I think that's enough, but that's quite a bit of cash. Personally, I just printed out pictures of whatever ship it is and glued them to the back of the dial. So, all my Tie Fighters have a picture of a Tie Fighter on the back, etc. If I wanted to, I could put numbers on them, as well. That way there would be no confusion as to which dial goes to which ship.

I guess I just don't really see the need for the new dials. I'm a cheap bastard and not really willing to spend so much cash on something I don't really deem as necessary. Maybe if I was playing the same list over and over and over again for tournaments, I would want it, but......I don't.

That is where I've been. I'm spending money on new wave and I've upgraded my storage so this hasn't been any sort of priority. But space has been at a premium so I thought I've give it another look. But at those prices I could afford a ridiculous amount of storage. From my viewpoint it isn't really worth it for my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a small hole through the center of the dial. I just use a bent paper clip to push the center out to change the dial. The big thing is tracking what dial goes with what ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.