Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only problem with the game is the suspension of disbelief, in that there is a day between the end of Night 1 and the start of Night 2. So the question then comes, why the heck doesn't someone get the police? I mean there is a reason camp slasher movies do it one of two ways:

1. Have it all happen in one night (ala the massacre Friday the 13th series)

or

2. Have the deaths either occur as simply disappearances or look like 'accidents' (ala Sleepaway Camp, the day(s) leading up to the "massacre" in some of the Friday the 13ths like when the survivor from 2 is killed in her kitchen by Jason in 3)

That is the one weakness I see in the game really from a 'story' aspect. Especially given you can find the murdered remains of the camp owners, and other counselors/campers the first night. Why the heck would you stay there after surviving the first night and getting through the dawn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Maddox
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mltdwn wrote:
My only problem with the game is the suspension of disbelief, in that there is a day between the end of Night 1 and the start of Night 2. So the question then comes, why the heck doesn't someone get the police? I mean there is a reason camp slasher movies do it one of two ways:

or

2. Have the deaths either occur as simply disappearances or look like 'accidents' (ala Sleepaway Camp, the day(s) leading up to the "massacre" in some of the Friday the 13ths like when the survivor from 2 is killed in her kitchen by Jason in 3)

That is the one weakness I see in the game really from a 'story' aspect. Especially given you can find the murdered remains of the camp owners, and other counselors/campers the first night. Why the heck would you stay there after surviving the first night and getting through the dawn?

How about:

The camp is secluded in the woods, far enough away that walking from the camp is out of the question (and the bus that dropped you off is either sabotaged or just not there, picking up other campers for the other acts perhaps), it is before cell phones and any landlines that may have existed are down. You figure that the best chance of survival (instead of embarking on a foot journey through the unfamiliar woods) is to stay "together" at the camp.

I think that this is plausible and fixes those "plot" holes, what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
dominomanx wrote:
mltdwn wrote:

or

How about:

The camp is secluded in the woods, far enough away that walking from the camp is out of the question (and the bus that dropped you off is either sabotaged or just not there, picking up other campers for the other acts perhaps), it is before cell phones and any landlines that may have existed are down. You figure that the best chance of survival (instead of embarking on a foot journey through the unfamiliar woods) is to stay "together" at the camp.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Also, if you try and walk out, you're completely in the open, with no option of getting a locked door between you and the maniac. The maniac sabotaged the bus and the phone lines, and if you want to set it in present day, you can just say that this camp has a very strict "no cellphones" policy, to help the campers better experience nature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dominomanx wrote:
mltdwn wrote:

or

How about:

Works perfect, thanks Maddox... sorry too friggin busy at work to get my mind working on good excuses .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mltdwn wrote:
like when the survivor from 2 1 is killed in her kitchen by Jason in 3 2)

Sorry, had to fix that even though it has nothing to do with the discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bridge is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet there's transportation and bus keeps bringing in new people every day?

Yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Mailloux
Canada
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Yet there's transportation and bus keeps bringing in new people every day?

Yeah.

Good idea, they arrive from jumping form a plane with parachute.
So for a new way to play, you randomly place the new people on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
I get your point, but we could also argue that 90% of boardgames, movies and video games require you to throw out your suspension of belief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakkenstrike wrote:
I get your point, but we could also argue that 90% of boardgames, movies and video games require you to throw out your suspension of belief.

90% of horror movies require your suspension of belief so I have no problem with a board game inspired by said horror films to suspend belief - in anything, it makes sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

That explains it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W

South Dakota
msg tools
mltdwn wrote:

I had to give this a thumbs up just for the reference to Sleepaway Camp. That movie traumatized me on a whole different level when I was in junior high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None of your business

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
mltdwn wrote:

or

Nitpicking.

The game's real weakness is it gets repetitive after the first go round. The first round is amazing with the frantic search for the keys...but then it gets somewhat stale with the back and forth.

Then again it could also be the passive aggressive people I played the game with. I had the misfortune of playing with people who automatically pretend to hate any game that you take a liking to. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard M
msg tools
Don't want to venture out to get the police while the killer is still at the camp, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.