The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Story - The beast we become rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
"1. Unleach Hell. One Hero reaches maximum Corruption, revealing their Dark Past card."
"Another hero looks at their dark past card"
My interpretation of the second sentence was because it used "look" instead of "reveal" it doesn't active it merely gives everyone information about who has what Dark Past card.

"(Traitor Hero is under the Sins player control, with the same stats and abilities as the Avatar)"
What ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It could be referring to any abilities the Avatar may get via the Sin cards. I think each Monster type has a Sin card that buffs them with a special ability. So essentially that Traitor Hero becomes a 7/7 monster with an Avatar's special ability only if it's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ability it is referring to is the innate ability the Sin has (i.e. Pride = -1 defense when fighting alone or Lust = +1 corruption for ending your turn on the same space as another player)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
r0cky143 wrote:
Ability it is referring to is the innate ability the Sin has (i.e. Pride = -1 defense when fighting alone or Lust = +1 corruption for ending your turn on the same space as another player)

"Sin Power – This is the Sin’s unique overarching power that affects the game as a whole. This ability is always in effect."

Traitor having this ability serves no purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be in case of an apocalypse or sin card that confers some particular ability to the avatar.

What I'm not clear on is where the traitor hero comes from. Is it just a figure from the pile that counts as a second avatar, or is it from one of the heroes in play? I might be missing something on the mission board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
It explains a lot of scenario specific stuff on the back of the boards, which I didn't notice at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
AceAceBaby wrote:
What I'm not clear on is where the traitor hero comes from. Is it just a figure from the pile that counts as a second avatar, or is it from one of the heroes in play? I might be missing something on the mission board.

Traiter is one of the Heroes in the reserve pile. Heroes just lost a Hero, now playing with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atul Deshpande
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Warlock00 wrote:
"
"Another hero looks at their dark past card"
My interpretation of the second sentence was because it used "look" instead of "reveal" it doesn't active it merely gives everyone information about who has what Dark Past card.

We interpreted this part somewhat differently. Here's my explanation:

First, one of the Dark Past card states that the hero takes three corruption or three sins. It didn't make much sense if all the heroes reveal their dark past cards only when gaining max corruption.
The above, however, makes sense if we read the quoted statement above as one other herohas to reveal their dark past. Thus, the heroes can decide who else reveals their dark past, and the 3 corruption vs 3 health dark past card also makes sense in this reading of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Broberg
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
thisisenfield wrote:
We interpreted this part somewhat differently. Here's my explanation:

First, one of the Dark Past card states that the hero takes three corruption or three sins. It didn't make much sense if all the heroes reveal their dark past cards only when gaining max corruption.
The above, however, makes sense if we read the quoted statement above as one other herohas to reveal their dark past. Thus, the heroes can decide who else reveals their dark past, and the 3 corruption vs 3 health dark past card also makes sense in this reading of the scenario.

There exists at least one definitive way to reveal a past without reaching full corruption:
Any Hero wounded by the Mayor must either take an additional wound or reveal their Dark Past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.