Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlotte Malone
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario - I have one unit on the battlefield. My opponent attacks my PB with two units. My unit blocks one attack, taking enough damage to kill him. Can I then play redirect to counter the second attacking unit and put the damage on my one (dead) unit before it leaves play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
From my reading of the rules, no, you can't, because each battle is resolved one at a time... so when your opponent's second unit is attacking your PB, your other unit is no longer in play because it has already been destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mashpotassium is essentially correct, although technically the fights will be resolved in the order of the attacking player's choosing. It's just that they would be crazy to resolve the PB attack first if you have a Charm class available and a card in hand (noting that if they did Redirect to the unit, the unit wouldn't damage the attacker by countering either).

There are situations where it won't be as clear cut, though. Let's say the defending player has a Ceremonial power and a Charm class available and has at least one card in hand ... and the unit attacking the PB has two or less life remaining and the defending unit will be destroyed by the other attacker. Now the attacking player might want to consider which is the greater risk - Redirect or Final Cry.

Hope all that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlotte Malone
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think ultimately my question is when does a destroyed unit leave play? Is it still on the battlefield as an eligible receiver for redirect on the other attack or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
No, it's not eligible. Units are immediately destroyed when they receive sufficient wound tokens and are not considered as on the battlefield anymore. See the first page of the FAQ for the exact sequence http://www.plaidhatgames.com/images/games/ashes/faq.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.