Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also eagerly awaiting the English rules. Currently, only the French rules are available at Matagot's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Matagot
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
Matagot
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules are ready, we will post them on our website and here on BGG before the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Soon it is the end of the week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleks Zuwalski
Poland
flag msg tools
Bump, because I'd really like to read those rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

RULES?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a bit sick of waiting so I downloaded the French rules off the website, ran them through google translate and cleaned them up a bit. Have them in a Word document but will try to post them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unclear on at least a few aspects of the rules:

1. When clans hide in the Citadels, are they placed back in the territory (and outside of the Citadels) at the end of the conflict? There was a line that got lost in translation about this that I couldn't work out.

2. If player A attacks player B's committed clans in a conflict, which player decides whether player B loses a clan or discards a card? I may have translated this incorrectly as player B getting to decide (though that makes the most sense to me).

3. If a player discards a card as a result of a conflict, does the player have to reveal what card it was? Presumably it can be discarded secretly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my understanding:

A) The clan(s) that was (were) in the Citadel(s) are returned to the the territory they came from without triggering a Clash.

B) The player who is being attacked gets to decide whether they want to discard a card or a Clan.

C) If a card is discarded, it is discarded face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:

A) The clan(s) that was (were) in the Citadel(s) are returned to the the territory they came from without triggering a Clash.

B) The player who is being attacked gets to decide whether they want to discard a card or a Clan.

Yup, everything is correct and is stated in the real rules

EDIT: to be more precise, when you are attacked, you must discard an Action card or lose an exposed clan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

If anyone has the time, please could you answer some further questions I have:

1. Just to be clear, in a clash, am I right in my interpretation that you cannot choose to retreat your clans into an empty area? What about an area in which, if you could retreat into it, you would then become the leader? The rules (as translated by google) seem to state that you can only retreat into an area where you are (presumably already) the leader.

2. The cards that are both Season and Triskel cards in one card: can they be played for both effects or does the player have to choose? (I suppose this would probably be clearer if I knew what those cards said).

3. Not a rules question really but do you know if there will be an expansion at some point to add more players? This game looks amazing but I can't see a good reason that it doesn't play 5 or even up to 6 players. The Action deck might need to be a little bigger for that of course. It seems to me, just from reading the rules though, that the downtime in the Season phase would be quite short since players can only do one thing on their turn and they have only a few options. Players may also choose to pass quite a bit to goad out other players (especially with more players in the game) so that would reduce the down time even more. There is little downtime in drafting games too since everyone is deciding what cards to keep at the same time. Conflicts slow the game down but this is the case in every game with combat and generally the non-involved players are interested in the outcome anyway so it is not boring for them. Also, conflicts in this game seem like they could be resolved relatively quickly. I really want to get a copy of this game (love the art, components and rules so far) but I often have more than 4 players in my games sessions so my only issue so far is the player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

1. Yes

2. You can't play for both effects: you play a season card (or effect for that matter) when it's your turn and a triskel as a reaction.

3. I don't know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cross
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Matagot
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
Matagot
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are available on our website :

http://www.matagot.com/IMG/pdf/INIS_RULES_EN_basse_def.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kris wrote:
pablopk wrote:

Yup, everything is correct and is stated in the real rules

Actually, the rules just state:

"Discard an Action Card: The attacked
player chooses an Action card in his
hand and discards it with no effect."

...without mentioning whether "discarding" always means face down.

Thank you for your clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it's in the part about how to play and discard the different types of card, p. 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're absolutely right, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bowler
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
We need a ruling on ERIU Epic Tale Card.

My understanding is that you can only put ONE clan on each territory that meets the criteria (you are present and it has a sanctuary). In other words, you can't put up to 3 on the same territory with this card.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot P
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ibowler wrote:
We need a ruling on ERIU Epic Tale Card.

My understanding is that you can only put ONE clan on each territory that meets the criteria (you are present and it has a sanctuary). In other words, you can't put up to 3 on the same territory with this card.

Is that correct?

Yes I think that is correct. The card says 'in each territory both where you are present and that has 1 or more sanctuaries, you may place 1 of your clans there'. So it doesn't matter whether it has 1 sanctuary or multiple, you can still only place one clan there. This placing can be done for up to three territories, but only by placing one clan on each territory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, no ruling here, just follow the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair McCulloch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quick Geis question.

We've been playing 2 player games as follows:

Player 1 plays - 'New clans'
Player 2 plays - 'Geis' to negate
Player 1 plays - 'Warlord' etc...

Are we correct that playing the 'Geis' counts as player 2's turn? Or, seeing as it's a triskel card, does player 2 then have to play a season card to fulfil his turn?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot P
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alsgame wrote:
Quick Geis question.

We've been playing 2 player games as follows:

Player 1 plays - 'New clans'
Player 2 plays - 'Geis' to negate
Player 1 plays - 'Warlord' etc...

Are we correct that playing the 'Geis' counts as player 2's turn? Or, seeing as it's a triskel card, does player 2 then have to play a season card to fulfil his turn?

Thanks

Playing a triskel card doesn't count as someone's turn. So player 2, who has just played Geis, would then have their turn, playing a season card or passing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair McCulloch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I suspected as much...

We've been playing it wrong. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.