Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which characters are used in a 3 player game and is Friday available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
leegin wrote:
Which characters are used in a 3 player game and is Friday available?
Whichever 3 you choose. Friday is not strictly available in a 3p game, but the Dog is recommended if you're having a difficult time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the base game says don't use the soldier unless you are playing 4 players. However some of the scenarios alter this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So Friday is out but the dog can come in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My friends and I always play with the Dog, and Friday is recommended for use in a 2-player game.

But, you can play with him in any game, if you choose. There is no strict requirement for this. It mostly just adjusts the difficulty of the game a tiny bit.

The instructions suggest playing with the Cook, Explorer, and Carpenter in a three-player game, especially if it's your first time, but you can use the Soldier instead of any one of them if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never read, that the Soldier is not recommended in 3p. He is not in solo play, which makes sense, since his skills are mainly for hunting, and hunting is an action seldom useful in solo play. (Unless maybe the mission goal requires it, like in "Cannibal Island" or "King Kong".) However, Cook, Explorer, and Carpenter all have skills particularly useful in "Castaways", so to make the game as easy as possible for first attempt with 3p, selecting them should make sense.

The rule book is vague on purpose regarding this: it claims, you can either select or randomly pick your characters, whatever you like best. We normally do the later. For this, we put different colour pawns on each character sheet (the 4 from the base game plus Sailor, plus in the future Missionary) and corresponding pawns in a drawing bag. (We use the same bag afterwards during the game for drawing the Discovery Tokens.) With this "lottery" is determined, who plays which character, afterwards everybody can pick his or her colour to play regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.