Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime on my turn that my Merchant, Family Member, or Companion is at a Place that is the destination of any of my Letters, I must flip them to their "delivered" side. This happens regardless of whether the "actor" ("token" in the rules) in question moved.

What if the destination is the first step of the Merchant's 2-step move?

What if the destination is an interim space when using a Movement tile acquired from the Tavern?

What if you used the "move to a corner space" Bonus card? I'm assuming this one teleports you to the corner, ignoring intervening spaces.

Moreover, I'm guessing the answer to all of these is that the deliver can never happen mid-move, and must either be before or after a move, or done by someone not moving at all.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mid-move delivery valid?
zefquaavius wrote:
Anytime on my turn that my Merchant, Family Member, or Companion is at a Place that is the destination of any of my Letters, I must flip them to their "delivered" side. This happens regardless of whether the "actor" ("token" in the rules) in question moved.

What if the destination is the first step of the Merchant's 2-step move?

What if the destination is an interim space when using a Movement tile acquired from the Tavern?

What if you used the "move to a corner space" Bonus card? I'm assuming this one teleports you to the corner, ignoring intervening spaces.

Moreover, I'm guessing the answer to all of these is that the deliver can never happen mid-move, and must either be before or after a move, or done by someone not moving at all.

Thanks!

1) Doesn't matter. It's where the merchant ends up, not where he passes through.

2) Same as (1)

3) Only if the corner space is the letter's destination. Otherwise same as (1)

4) Your intuition serves you well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rulebook wrote:
When a token (Merchant, Family Member, or Companion) is at a Place specified by one or more of your Letters, you must turn these Letters to the reverse side – they are considered “delivered”. It does not matter whether or not the token was moved, and whether you turn the Letter before or after it moves.

That last part is the most important part. You don't deliver a letter DURING your move. You deliver before or after your move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. The current wording is not quite clear about that, so I hope they improve the wording to specify that this never resolves mid-move.

Thanks for supporting my intuition, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you deliver multiple letters at once? Example: I have two letters with number '9', and arrive at that location, can I flip Both?

The (Dutch) rules make it seem like only 1 letter at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Can you deliver multiple letters at once? Example: I have two letters with number '9', and arrive at that location, can I flip Both?

The (Dutch) rules make it seem like only 1 letter at once.
The English rules seemed to state pretty clearly that you can must deliver as many letters as you want can.
Quote:
When a token (Merchant, Family Member, or Companion) is at a Place specified by one or more of
your Letters, you must turn these Letters to the reverse side – they are considered “delivered”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.