Subject: Core tile blocked by the lake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Junfeng Liang
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Today I play a solo conquest. Everything went very smooth until I explored the last core tile where the last city located. The border was surrounded with lakes. As I have no way to move through them, do I automatically lose the game, or there is any rule that allows me to approach the last city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In some cases the rules allow you to explore additional tiles once the stack is exhausted. Check the rulebook for the exact conditions, or post an image of your map here and someone can check for you.

Other than that, you can try to find some card or skill that lets you move across or through lakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
You can explore other tiles to get there.

Page 6, 5.e:

Quote:
If there are no tiles left in the Map Tile deck when a player attempts to explore, he may use a random Countryside tile removed from the game during Setup. If all Countryside tiles have been placed, he can use removed non-City Core tiles instead. Tiles explored this way can only be placed such that they are adjacent to at least three other tiles (to fill up holes). If there are no tiles in the box, no more tiles can be explored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobier wrote:
Today I play a solo conquest. Everything went very smooth until I explored the last core tile where the last city located. The border was surrounded with lakes. As I have no way to move through them, do I automatically lose the game, or there is any rule that allows me to approach the last city?
As the others said, you check if you can explore a new countryside tile; it has to be adjacent to three other tiles, though. Alternately, look very closely the advanced action/monastery/spell offers; there are many ways to leap over spaces: space bending, underground travel (though not beneath lakes), winds of wind, temporal portal... you name it!

I had the same issue in a solo session of mine; unexpectedly, a magic combo showed up from nowhere that saved my skin!
Night #2, I start on a Magic Glade next to where I was intending to explore, thus I chose Preparation to find Charm/Possession. I explore with the Scouts and reveal.... the Blue City! Drat, that lake completely cut me off and to reach the city, I had to go all the way back to the starting tile, proceed through Volkare's Camp and defeat two Draconums! The Temporal Portal was apparently deep hidden in the deck, so I was almost ready to give up.

And then I notice... Magic Talent was in the Advanced Actions offer, Space Bending in the Spell offer and a nearby Blue Altar was nearby. And I was needing exactly 7 fame to level up! That was really the first time I ever visited an Altar in a solo game, and probably... ever! Mana draw provided me with two valuable blue mana tokens and I used a third blue crystal from my inventory to level up.

I eventually received Magic Talent, so I returned to the Magic Glade, used Magic Talent to cast Space Bending, leap over that lake and attack the city with the black token and Possess in hand and possessed the Gunners [...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.