Subject: CENTCOM Official to Skew Intel on ISIS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh, no news here, every President in history has likely been sympathetic to storeis or intelligence that advances their agenda, or supports it, and those in his inner circle would likely attempt to ensure he doesn't see the negatives. I am not condoning this type of conduct, but it's simply a fact of the way governmment operates, when more than one individual is involved. Although we like to think that the President is on top of all things all of the time, we can't be naive to the fact that he is one individual, who eats/sleeps/sh*ts like you and me (albeit in nicer digs). People beneath them, that have their own agendas, will do what they feel is right, regardless of whether it is or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Reminds me of the Five O'clock Follies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Meh, no news here, every President in history has likely been sympathetic to storeis or intelligence that advances their agenda, or supports it, and those in his inner circle would likely attempt to ensure he doesn't see the negatives. I am not condoning this type of conduct, but it's simply a fact of the way governmment operates, when more than one individual is involved. Although we like to think that the President is on top of all things all of the time, we can't be naive to the fact that he is one individual, who eats/sleeps/sh*ts like you and me (albeit in nicer digs). People beneath them, that have their own agendas, will do what they feel is right, regardless of whether it is or not.

But isn't this exactly the kind of stuff that allowed Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to occur? Little missteps of intel, downplaying of the threat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Republicans hadn't spent the last 7+ yrs trying to make everything Pbama had ever done the worst thing ever and a threat to the US etc etc I might have time for this. As it is I see Republican and Obama bad and tune it out. Boy who cried wolf etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

But isn't this exactly the kind of stuff that allowed Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to occur? Little missteps of intel, downplaying of the threat?

There are those that might say the U.S.A. may have had an inkling about Pearl Harbor before it happened. After it happened, I suspect the U.S.A. was willing to go to war, for two reasons; to protect our pride as the greatest country in the world, after having Pearl bombed, and to get us out of a depression. Never underestimate the ability of a wartime economy to do just that. I suspect politicians in Washington at the time were very pragmatic about the decision to go to war, and th bombing was not the sole reason, simply the instigating event that brought us into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't doubt that reports are still being written, and I agree that it would be wrong to attempt to 'skew' them factually, but I don't think Obama is to blame for what intelligence does or does not hit his desk. I suspect he genuinely works with what is handed to him. Now what is handed to him, and how it gets there, is subject to debate and scrutiny. But lets face it, in the world of intelligence, one man's fact may be another man's falsehood. People around him will always try to 'skew' what he sees, if it meets with their own agendas. Is it right, probably not, is it what happens, no doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I wonder what Darilian thinks of this since he has such a stiffy for how wonderfully Obama handled Iraq. Not only was Obama's early withdrawal of Iraq wrong-headed, he stuck his fingers in his ears and insisted that it was correct? Brutal.

This again? When will Repubs finally get the real picture on the withdrawal, it was agreed to in Bush's term, and the Iraqis told us to get the fu*k out. No doubt Obama promised that withdrawal to win votes, since the war was becoming unpopular at home, and the actual withdrawal took place under his tenure, but get real, and stop pointing to Obama as the root cause of what is wrong with the Middle East. What is really wrong with the Middle East stems from Bush' invasion of Iraq, which had little foreplanning, and little thought invested as to the possibilites of various outcomes, and how to deal with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.