4 Posts

D-Day at Peleliu» Forums » Rules

Subject: brush hexes and half strength rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
i am now on turn 3 and trying to get passed the first line of defense, damm diffuclt game. but i have a question.
i see on terrain chart for brushes that ranged attacks of infantry are at half strength of "intervening hexes". What do they mean exaclty with "intervening".

Do i need to use half strength when the target hex is a brush hex i want to shoot at?
Do i need to use half strength when my us units are in a brush hex they are shooting from?
Do i only need to use half strength if their is a brush hex between my US units and the target hex?

and finally? when i have to apply half strength, is that round down or round up?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wezze wrote:
i am now on turn 3 and trying to get passed the first line of defense, damm diffuclt game. but i have a question.
i see on terrain chart for brushes that ranged attacks of infantry are at half strength of "intervening hexes". What do they mean exaclty with "intervening".

Do i need to use half strength when the target hex is a brush hex i want to shoot at?
Do i need to use half strength when my us units are in a brush hex they are shooting from?
Do i only need to use half strength if their is a brush hex between my US units and the target hex?

and finally? when i have to apply half strength, is that round down or round up?

thx

I would have to assume:
Quote:
if their is a brush hex between my US units and the target hex

as otherwise the rules would say 'adjacent'.

I think most games round down, but I'm not 100% sure. But I am sure someone else (aka: Martin Akerlund) will chime in with the correct answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule means exactly what it says. Intervening hexes mean hexes BETWEEN the infantry and the target hex (your last example).

If I recall correctly, there is no rounding. You use whatever number you come up with, half or full, and compare that to the requirements as normal.

CONFIRMED: Looking at the Tarawa forums, John B confirmed the answer that fractions are retained and not rounded. See entries near bottom of thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/20919396#20919396
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.