United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned about the 2nd Edition after it was already sold out and shifted to the secondary market. Are there any plans for a reprint of the updated version or should I just stick to the wilds of the Geek Market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Phill's games often come out again with updates. I would say you would be in for a long wait on that probably though. If you see a good deal or even a reasonable deal I would go with it. His games are not going to get cheaper on the secondary market with time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
I learned about the 2nd Edition after it was already sold out and shifted to the secondary market. Are there any plans for a reprint of the updated version or should I just stick to the wilds of the Geek Market?

Regardless of a reprint, go buy the game. It is worthwhile playing today, one of the best dice games ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:

There are no plans for a Greenland reprint. There might be someday a 3rd edition that would include the Sea Sami expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Annowme wrote:

There are no plans for a Greenland reprint. There might be someday a 3rd edition that would include the Sea Sami expansion.

Thanks for the confirmation, Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:

I can see a first edt for 21$ in the US (geekmarket)
I guess you won't be able to use the sea sami expansion but other than that the first edt. is good to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
Annowme wrote:

I can see a first edt for 21$ in the US (geekmarket)
I guess you won't be able to use the sea sami expansion but other than that the first edt. is good to play.

I'm too much a sucker for the superior production value of the 2nd Edition to consider the 1st. I'll reconsider when my game budget opens up again.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago, Phil had this to say:

phileklund wrote:
The 3rd edition Greenland is due to come out in October of 2017, and will include the Sea Sami expansion. That is to say, the 3rd edition will be revised to include 4 players. It will also revise certain cards.

I was going to pick up a cheap copy of the first edition on Reddit but I think I'll wait for the 3rd edition! I'm doing the same for the new edition of Cartagena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugbydave wrote:

phileklund wrote:
The 3rd edition Greenland is due to come out in October of 2017, and will include the Sea Sami expansion. That is to say, the 3rd edition will be revised to include 4 players. It will also revise certain cards.

I was going to pick up a cheap copy of the first edition on Reddit but I think I'll wait for the 3rd edition! I'm doing the same for the new edition of Cartagena.

Oh that's great news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:

Too bad. Might look out for a second hand copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you read the comment right before yours?

Annowme wrote:
Rugbydave wrote:

phileklund wrote:

Oh that's great news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I didn't, too many quotes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Thanks, I didn't see that, though I did hear there will be a new edition of Bios Megafauna at about the same time.

For those who have played both, is Greenland a bit simpler mechanically than Neanderthal since you don't have the brain map portion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
Dave,

Thanks, I didn't see that, though I did hear there will be a new edition of Bios Megafauna at about the same time.

For those who have played both, is Greenland a bit simpler mechanically than Neanderthal since you don't have the brain map portion?

Though they share some mechanics and a universe, I find them to be a bit different. Neanderthal is more of a puzzle, whereas Greenland is more about the survival. I would recommend them both, because sometimes you want more of a puzzle and sometimes you want more of a survival game. In that regard, Greenland is a bit more straightforward to play, because you don't have the similar puzzle aspect. I prefer Greenland overall, but they are both solid games.

I hope I did not confuse you more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.