Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how else these might become available aside from Origins?

BGG store perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also interested in knowing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is insane, they actually took out both Watson AND Mycroft from the game and released them as promos!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AG Palmer
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This is insane, they actually took out both Watson AND Mycroft from the game and released them as promos!?

Yeah, I was wondering why two of the most essential characters in the entire Holmes universe were missing. I rationalized Watson being missing as him working with Sherlock, but there's no way Mycroft would miss an opportunity to help a raggedy group of novices one-up his brother. He'd have to be included.

I really like both of these player powers - Mycroft would be especially good in 4 player games, everyone always waiting with bated breath for the 25% of the time that a free clue can be delivered. Thematically, too, it makes sense that he can perform actions that go under his brother's radar.

And it's so thematic that Watson would always be encouraged to actually play cards on his turn instead of give clues - the clues aren't exactly his area, after all. He does the more pragmatic work. Plus, it would make sense that Sherlock would have a close eye on Watson and learn more of the case every time he does.

So... yeah, I desperately want these. And they made them a difficult to find special promo set. Ugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking for these and am disappointed that they would leave Watson and Mycroft out of the game.

Please Z Man Games, release these through BGG store or your own website for purchase or something.

I would have pre-ordered this for these but I didn't know they existed. :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not getting my hopes up

I emailed Z-Man (from their website) inquiring about the promo cards and never even got a response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liberty Locsin
United States
California
flag msg tools
That's a bit too flippant. Thought about getting the game too. :/

Wondering if this will change with the Asmodee. I don't know what everyone else's experience is with that company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Enriquez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I have an Zman games with stuff at the BGG store. I would love these cards too. The Napoleon and Watson cards would add a new challenge to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.