United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy folks.

A couple weeks ago Phil send me his production copy so I could show it around town. Everything looks good, HOWEVER, I noticed that the card stock was noticeably lighter than the cardstock of the original game. Thankfully it shuffles just fine with the original cards when the deck is built and so doesn't really impact play.

There are no plans for a reprint or anything like that, I just wanted to give folks a heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Cole,

Is it possible to tell if the card on top of the market deck is an expansion card or a base game card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Up close you can see that the expansion cards have a slightly different finish, however from a foot or so the difference is imperceptible. So, in the regular course of play, you should be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bummer, but I'm hoping the problem will be lessened for me as I sleeve my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, Cole - in such cases where there is a perceptible difference, either putting the cards in sleeves or drawing from the bottom of the deck is a simple solution.

Congratulations to the expansion of your game - believe me, I know how much work it takes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at the two decks, and i can't tell the difference by sight. By flexing them you might note a difference, but that is subtle. By my judgement, they are indistinguishable.

I am comparing using a first manufacturing MPC that just arrived yesterday from China, which I guess should be the same as the one I sent to Cole last month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT!! I demand a double refund! Ohh wait, I don't really care!

Perhaps the thinner cardstock will help it hit in the box crywhistle

Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't waaaait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worst case scenario is I'll have to sleeve the game in opaque sleeves, which I'll probably need to do soon anyway as it has been getting played 2-3 times a day in our house this weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The colors on the cylinders are also lighter. Not a huge deal, but noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.