“We’re all the same color, on the inside...”

Race: Living Color
Nationality: Planar Chaos
Affiliation: Division 13
Dislikes: Things that are not yet red
Personality: Insane, Cruel
Weapon: Clones
Reason to Fight: For Entertainment

Magister Jeris Ieyes of Willat has traveled across the planes for ages, collecting all manner of curiosities from strange new worlds. One of his most exciting discoveries was a sentient color pattern, which he stumbled upon while exploring the plane of chaos.

After the color killed his assistant, Wilman, Jeris named his new discovery “Wilman’s Rust” and captured a sample of the substance to bring back for his menagerie.

Over the years, Magister Ieyes has made great strides in teaching and training this malleable substance. Wilman’s Rust learned quickly, how to draw pictures and gain new forms, how to communicate, and how to manifest itself in a three-dimensional world.

One sample of Wilman’s Rust, code-named Burgundy, was submitted to the Division Thirteen supersoldier program in Willat. This particular strain showed a unique, if somewhat psychotic, intelligence and the ability to restrain itself well enough to follow orders. While Burgundy failed to be integrated into any of the many programs the division embarked on, it was deemed dangerous enough and capable enough on its own to act as part of the Division’s Black Ops unit.

Dispatched track down the vault keys and return them to the magisters, Burgundy is set loose upon the world for the first time, and ready to wreak havoc on anything that strikes his fancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SO
MUCH
YES!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YEEEESSSS!!!

I LOVE Burgundy! I had hoped for him in Fate, so I'm really REALLY looking forward to Trials now! -- Will there be a Kickstarter? If so, when can I expect to pledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first saw Burgundy ages ago I was not fan.

But I smiled when I saw this post, so I guess my feelings have changed.

I am most excited for this BattleCON set, in particular the focus on a smaller set of characters and the production quality updates. Might turn into my favourite BattleCON set ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a really great set of characters. Some of my favorites are in Trials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

Such a tease; when does the blasted Kickstarter finally start?! Based on what you've seen, is this the intro set we sorta thought Fate was going to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlK wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

Such a tease; when does the blasted Kickstarter finally start?! Based on what you've seen, is this the intro set we sorta thought Fate was going to be?

Sorry, I don't know when Brad is planning the KS for this other than "Fall". I think the Trials characters are about as complex as the Fate characters were overall. I still consider War as the best entry point into the system. Those characters have the easiest effects to grasp. That's just my opinion though, probably because I started with War.

Edit: According to the latest newsletter from L99, they said look for Trials in September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realised the name of his unique base. You cannot spell "slaughter" without "laughter".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Edit: According to the latest newsletter from L99, they said look for Trials in September.

Oh I know, it was rhetorical, wishing I had a time machine sometimes...As far as the difficulty, good to know, hoping for a simple way other than the PnP to get new people into this easily. And as to the cast of characters, let's be honest here, they could make a Heroes of the Mongol Horde/Care Bear mashup, and we'd still buy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlK wrote:
they could make a Heroes of the Mongol Horde/Care Bear mashup, and we'd still buy it!

I would...still buy that. *hangs head in shame*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
CarlK wrote:
they could make a Heroes of the Mongol Horde/Care Bear mashup, and we'd still buy it!

I would...still buy that. *hangs head in shame*

After having listened to the Hardcore History series about Ghengis Khan, I would be all over that!
Also, I dressed up as Tenderheart Bear for Halloween when I was 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Muchacho
msg tools
Nice Lovecraft reference! Are we getting a Shadow out of Time, also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.