Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Webb
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Once the thief's Loot drop level reaches zero does it go back up if the thief dies, or does it stay at 0 for the rest of the game?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your Loot Drop level goes up to 3 when you pick up a treasure or gem.

(The rules are pretty confusing on this point. I would expect that rule to be listed under the Thief's 'Loot' action.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Thief's Loot Drop resets to 3 when you stash treasure, not when you first pick it up - that's why it's listed in the stashing section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Treasure returned resets it to 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
The Thief's Loot Drop resets to 3 when you stash treasure, not when you first pick it up - that's why it's listed in the stashing section.
Thanks! It's much clearer now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
I can't find anything about that, but am I able to do any actions after stashing treasures? Because I just had my first game where the thief was involved with all the other players (to be precise I played all characters to get familiar with them) and always had action cubes to spare after stashing, being able to immediately drop my loot drop level back to 0 (with the "Hide Loot" action) right after stashing treasure in the same turn. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Replect wrote:
I can't find anything about that, but am I able to do any actions after stashing treasures? Because I just had my first game where the thief was involved with all the other players (to be precise I played all characters to get familiar with them) and always had action cubes to spare after stashing, being able to immediately drop my loot drop level back to 0 right after stashing treasure in the same turn. Am I missing something?
Stashing does not end the Thief's turn.

If you have movement and/or actions remaining you can still use them. You can even use any bonuses you gained from the upgrades you just chose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replect wrote:
Because I just had my first game where the thief was involved with all the other players (to be precise I played all characters to get familiar with them) and always had action cubes to spare after stashing, being able to immediately drop my loot drop level back to 0 (with the "Hide Loot" action) right after stashing treasure in the same turn. Am I missing something?

No (you're not missing anything), but any action cube spent dropping your loot drop level is an action cube not spent on movement / other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
. . . but any action cube spent dropping your loot drop level is an action cube not spent on movement / other stuff.

Movement does not require action cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorb Jutla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The thief in our game today pretty much stashed and then dropped his loot level as much as possible, there was no good reason not to when he had spare action cubes. It was rarely possible for the other characters to take advantage of a high loot level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.