Subject: Cisalpina & Gallia Togata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not realized that Cisalpina becomes a fully playable region with Gallia Togata, which includes allowing movement of troops. This came unexpected to me (I don't see any real hint to that in the rules or the card description), so I thought I would share the information as it may not be obvious to everyone!

The quote below appears in the comment to this post:

Oerjan wrote:
The unshaded Gallia Togata Event turns Cisalpina from non-playable into a Region. That makes all rules regarding Regions apply to it, except where the Togata Event text explicitly says something else. Nothing in the Event text prevents the Romans from Marching into or through Cisalpina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Didier,

Agree that this feature of unshaded Gallia Togata is somewhat obscure. Note that Oerjan's interpretation is supported by a combination of the definition of "stacking" in the Rules of Play, with the explanation of unshaded Gallia Togata in the Playbook. The unshaded Event opens Cisalpinia as Region but only for the Romans, not for the Gallic Factions (other than also creating a Supply Line Region for the Aedui Trade SA).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you got it! (5.1.1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So since Cisalpina is safe from Gallic incursion, could the Romans get a permanently subdued tribe there if they take the Colony event later on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly!

(...though they rarely get that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Certainly!

(...though they rarely get that.)
Thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.