Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GS
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing my games on a folding table with a white polyurethane top. It works fine, but it has a couple of downsides. The first being that as I slide cards and tiles around on it, I can hear the surfaces scratching against each other. Secondly, the surface detracts from the theme a bit. I think even a simple black background would do it wonders to focus on the tiles instead.

So, I'm considering getting a mat to play on and am looking for suggestions. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
IMHO green poker tablecloth works best with any game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get fabric coated neoprene here:
http://www.foamorder.com/neoprene.html
I haven't used it personally yet, but I've heard it makes a great gaming surface, and I'm considering using it on my next table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black shelf liner from the dollar store. Works great. Nothing slides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I game in a lot of pubs and to keep everything tidy and clean I use a bolt of felt that I picked up at a store that sells material. Called Spotlight in Australia, not sure what a similar store is in the US.

It's cheap, everything is easier to slide / pick up and games are protected. If it gets a bit dirty just buy a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use wood. Just the kitchen table. Works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use 2 grip mats to cover my whole table. Nothing slides at all and they have different designs. When I'm done I roll them up n put them back in the tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a sheet of black canvas I picked up at walmart covering my table. It doesn't damage components and provides enough cushion to make picking up cards easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Jankosky
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
My wife picked up some headliner from Joann's

http://www.joann.com/foam-backed-headliner-fabric-grey/34960...

It's not the most durable stuff but it's cheap, protects the table, and a lot easier to pick up cards off of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Whitcomb
United States
California
flag msg tools
I picked up a wide black yoga mat that I cut down to a 36"x36" square to use for X-Wing Minatures, I generally just leave it on the game table and it works great for IA. A little springiness makes it easy to pick up cards, and things don't slide around on their own if we have the ceiling fan on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
You can get fabric coated neoprene here:
http://www.foamorder.com/neoprene.html
I haven't used it personally yet, but I've heard it makes a great gaming surface, and I'm considering using it on my next table.

I second this. It's what I use on my table, it's like playing on a mouse pad. I bought mine from here: http://store.hookloopoutlet.com/neoprene-sheets.html. I got the nylon/mesh skin, 3mm I believe. It's about 3 or 4 years old now with no noticeable wear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkens
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My table has headliner fabric underneath microsuede.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.