United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
In the last KS update, we were told that the fleshstalkers are getting an upgrade, and for a few extra $$$ we can get that upgrade added to our Minecart/everything pledge. OK. That's alright, I'm all for helping keep FFP in business so they can keep makin' cool games.

But then, in going through all the groovy GenCon photos, I was alarmed (well, not really, but "alarmed" is such a good word!) to see a ton of content I'd never heard of or seen previously.

I bought the slugs of jargono and the weird rat dogs too (two other monster packs that were not included in the KS), no problem, but now there appears to be quite a lot of other stuff!

Has anyone compiled a list of the new stuff for sale or previewed at GenCon, that *wasn't* included in the Minecart pledge?

I know there was the Fleshstalker upgraded enemy pack, that was in their last update. I think there are some new growing dread cards. And there might be some new minis? New dudes to attach to the Scafford gang or void sorcerers, or jargono snake folks or something? Is that it (5 things)?

I'd love to see a full list of stuff that I'll "need" to buy... Thanks for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of 4 new things at Gen Con 16.

New Growing Dread deck (Edge of the Abyss).
Resin minis for Serpentmen Grand Shaman, Void Magus, & Scafford Gang Lieutenant Bunker (can be used for any Lieutenant).

A friend got them for me. I'm going to glue them together tonight (last night had them soaking in vinegar). Will post pics of the new minis tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we mine cart backers going to be able to pay X amount at some point to get everything were missing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Are we mine cart backers going to be able to pay X amount at some point to get everything were missing?

Thanks!

I know at Gen Con 15 the new monsters were put in the FFP webstore shortly after the con. So expect these will too. Unless they sold out then it might take a little longer. The resin figures are basically "print on demand" since I think those are all done in-house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Scott!

Do the new resin minis come with any game content, or are they just variant figures that look cool?

And I'd thought the Fleshstalker and his new posse was also at GenCon, but maybe not for sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ScottE wrote:

... Scafford Gang Lieutenant Bunker (can be used for any Lieutenant).

What's a lieutenant? Any how can Mr. Bunker be used for any of them?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Thanks Scott!

Do the new resin minis come with any game content, or are they just variant figures that look cool?

And I'd thought the Fleshstalker and his new posse was also at GenCon, but maybe not for sale?

They are just variant miniatures to make a special unit stand out. The rules for these units already exist in the enemy packs. For example, Scafford Gang can have lieutenants and Void Sorcerers can have Void Magi.

So if you want those things to stand out, these minis have more dramatic appearances.

The only truly new thing is the extra Growing Dread cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
mattprice wrote:
Thanks Scott!

They are just variant miniatures to make a special unit stand out. The rules for these units already exist in the enemy packs. For example, Scafford Gang can have lieutenants and Void Sorcerers can have Void Magi.

So if you want those things to stand out, these minis have more dramatic appearances.

The only truly new thing is the extra Growing Dread cards.

As Max said!

The Scafford Lieutenant deck has 6 different ones that can show up. One of them is named Bunker. But only 1 ever comes out at a time so he can be a placeholder for any of them. We never got a token for them so you'd normally have to mark one yourself.

The Magi and Grand Shaman we did get tokens for which you just put under the normal one. But these new resin ones look awesome, much more grand. And since they are basically bosses, nice to have a unique mini for them.

Though none of these 3 minis come with any extra cards or rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
Also seen at gencon (and will likely be additional cost similar to the flesh drones, trederran mutants, etc) were what look to be heavies and a commander for the blasted wastes Raiders, also some baby teralisks, and possibly some of the spirit warriors (one had a spear, unseen previously in any artwork). All of these are known to be part of blasted wastes, which looks to be a deluxe otherworld as massive as trederra!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a pic of the 3 resin minis available at Gen Con 16. Just assembled them last night. Very nice detail. Only 1-3 pieces (not counting base).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Lyons
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man, they look good!

How were they to assemble compared to the resin heroes? Also, you mentioned that parts of the Grand Shaman were a little fragile? The headdress and sceptre, I imagine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Canjul wrote:
Man, they look good!

How were they to assemble compared to the resin heroes? Also, you mentioned that parts of the Grand Shaman were a little fragile? The headdress and sceptre, I imagine?

They were super easy to assemble. Had to remove a little flashing and there was a raised area on the shaman that connected to the base I had to cut off. The shaman- 2 pieces, Bunker- 1 piece, void magi- 3 pieces.

Yes, the shaman has those small hanging bits on the scepter. But this resin has some give, it doesn't feel like it will shatter. But probably take a little care not to drop it. Fortunately these are big bosses so they aren't going to see constant heavy play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the resin came preassembled (or just 1 piece), I'd probably be okay with it. It's the assembly that sucks. I just can't get these to stay together...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
If the resin came preassembled (or just 1 piece), I'd probably be okay with it. It's the assembly that sucks. I just can't get these to stay together...

-shnar

I'm using Gorilla Gap Filling Super Glue. That stuff is amazing.

I tried stressing some of the heroes. I think the legs would break before the glue join broke. For small pieces you have to hold them for 20-30 seconds very still before the glue bonds. Once it has, its solid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I think my superglue right now is just the Privateer Press brand, whatever they use...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I think my superglue right now is just the Privateer Press brand, whatever they use...

-shnar

It says it needs to be shaken up well before use. So don't forget to do that. The reason it's a gel is there's stuff suspended in the glue itself to give it body. So I shake it before each application. You can actually use it to fill in small gaps. I had a hole in a long coat on one hero and was able to fill it in with this. So kind of like liquid green stuff in some ways. Don't rely on that for bigger gaps.

I've bought a bottle of liquid green stuff which I haven't tried yet. The shaman has some gaps where it connects to the snake coil at the bottom so going to try using it there before I prime it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boiko Boichev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
ScottE wrote:

Is it just me or the Serpent Grand Shaman looks smaller and less impressive than the normal Serpent Shaman?

The regular Shaman's skull cap with the feathers makes his dead appear larger and also his staff is bigger and has more ornaments.

Also I still haven't yet seen the Grand Shaman's face head on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took side by side comparison images of the Void Magus and Grand Shaman with their minions. There are significant differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I ask, after the whole "new heroes are resin, monsters are still plastic" debacle, are these new bosses only going to be available in Resin? Or do we know if this is a limited release run, but they will be available in a cheaper plastic format in the future (like, I think, corpse piles and targa pylon minis were)?

I'm trying to pick up the gaps in my Minecart + all-the-addons pledge as they come out, so that when the almighty pile o' stuff that is wave 2 arrives (couldn't justify the cost of 1.5 shipping) I'm pretty much complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just posted the GenCon stuff (3 x resins + Edge of the Abyss Supplement) on the Flying Frog webstore.

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/ResinEnemyCha...

These four items are not in the minecart pledge level and shipping was pretty reasonable.... $3 to New Mexico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.