Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So getting into conservative talk radio after about a 10-day Gap. I hear all the polls are either colluding 2 present a bad picture or they are all mistaken.

And Hillary has terminal late stage Parkinson's which means the one world order people will run the government while she wastes away in the basement.

And Trump is the best candidate ever throwing over the one-worlders who were leading the Republican Party.

These are folks who were never trumpers 90 days ago. Its a.. Yooge change for less than two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I turned on liberal talk radio today for the first time in awhile and they were talking about how BlackLivesMatter needs reparations payments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how I don't know what either of those stations are. Indep cred points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
I don't listen to any news that isn't in stereo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I listen to Mark Leven every evening...which means I always listen to crazy right-wing radio.

And Cates? There's liberal talk radio?????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Micheal Savage. pies de resistance. He was a DJT supporter from the beginning. The man can out nut a PayDay bar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I listen to Mark Leven every evening...which means I always listen to crazy right-wing radio.

Pacifica radio out of Berkeley, CA
https://kpfa.org/
Listen live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie Sykes (a conservative talk radio guy and Never Trumper) did some real talk on this subject a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/764909726278836225

TL: DR: Sykes says that he and the rest of the conservative media deserve a lot of the blame for the Trump fiasco, because they've conditioned their audience to distrust the media/science/etc. so much that they've created an entire culture of people who have no interest in facts or truth at all. All of the 'referees' and gatekeepers have been neutered.

He also laments that he now has to cover what he knows to be horseshit from the Breitbart crowd, because if he doesn't, he'll be branded a dreaded 'cuckservative' and lose his audience. (The Trump campaign is now being run by a Breitbart executive, which is a curious move by a candidate who is so concerned about a biased media, but that's our Donald for you.)

Not a fan of Sykes, but I'll give him props for the mea culpa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
ironcates wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Listen live.

Son, I live out in God's Country. We don't get heathen radio from the center of heathen liberalism -- San Francisco.

Thanks for the link. I listened to it. As crazy as conservative talk show radio. Jesus help us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
Funny, I turned on liberal talk radio today for the first time in awhile and they were talking about how BlackLivesMatter needs reparations payments.

It's true that left-wing radio can get nutty. I gave up on our local NYC one because between segments one announcer would literally yell about reparations into the microphone in 5-word sentences. That being said, the Democracy Now segment is reliably good. For written, I like Jacobin for good articles and Kos for snarky entertainment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
So getting into conservative talk radio after about a 10-day Gap. I hear all the polls are either colluding 2 present a bad picture or they are all mistaken.

And Hillary has terminal late stage Parkinson's which means the one world order people will run the government while she wastes away in the basement.

And Trump is the best candidate ever throwing over the one-worlders who were leading the Republican Party.

These are folks who were never trumpers 90 days ago. Its a.. Yooge change for less than two weeks.

Who do you listen to? Do you ever listen to Dennis Prager? Dennis Miller was good too not sure if he is still on.
Left wing radio is dreadful like "Democracy Now."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eaglebeak wrote:
Charlie Sykes (a conservative talk radio guy and Never Trumper) did some real talk on this subject a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/764909726278836225

TL: DR: Sykes says that he and the rest of the conservative media deserve a lot of the blame for the Trump fiasco, because they've conditioned their audience to distrust the media/science/etc. so much that they've created an entire culture of people who have no interest in facts or truth at all. All of the 'referees' and gatekeepers have been neutered.

The gatekeeper now is supposed to be the fact that the internet can give us the primary sources. Not Walter Cronkite. For example, I looked up the TPP to find the few pages where international tribunals were described.

eaglebeak wrote:
'cuckservative'

So we know where pwn3d gets it from...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Diabolik771 wrote:
[Who do you listen to? Do you ever listen to Dennis Prager? Dennis Miller was good too not sure if he is still on.

Talk radio is dreadful, period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Quote:

Not even the equivalent of a college radio station. Listener funded, 8 mile radius....gets a .3 share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

I don't know how you can stomach listening to that crap for more than 30 seconds. You must have some kind of super willpower or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I don't know how you can stomach listening to that crap for more than 30 seconds. You must have some kind of super willpower or something.

You show how "fair" and "open minded" you are by not listening to the other side. Stay safe in your echo-echo-echo-chamber-chamber-chamber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ironcates wrote:

While that may be ridiculous, I highly doubt the viewership of whatever show you watch compares well to the number watching conservative talk radio.

It's why I listen to conservative talk radio on occasion. Since so many listen, I like to know the thoughts/feelings of people on both sides. Listening to liberal talk radio never seems to give me a good picture for anything as most liberals do not listen.

But, while I listen, I am fully aware that not all of the information being given is fact checked and much is going to give partial pictures. I fact check the major points myself later.

Point is though, that comparing most liberal stations with conservative ones isn't really going to give you any information as one is talking to an extra small portion of the population, while the other has a huge audience. When talking to such a small audience, I'd expect to hear more extreme things than the one that has a huge audience since it would be more populist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Diabolik771 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

You show how "fair" and "open minded" you are by not listening to the other side. Stay safe in your echo-echo-echo-chamber-chamber-chamber.

Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently stopped listening and have switched to books on CD. On my second about T. Roosevelt. Man that guy was a racist. Based on the Pols of that era our current disillusionment with Pols is chump change. Even HRC/DJT would be 'progressive reformers' in those days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I've recently stopped listening and have switched to books on CD. On my second about T. Roosevelt. Man that guy was a racist. Based on the Pols of that era our current disillusionment with Pols is chump change. Even HRC/DJT would be 'progressive reformers' in those days.

It's funny when you get some perspective, right? George Washington is considered a saint today, but he was considered a traitor by some in the 1790s, because he was too much of an Anglophile. Heck, citizens probably did the Trump Chant "lock her up" about him but with tarring and feathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Quote:

Not even the equivalent of a college radio station. Listener funded, 8 mile radius....gets a .3 share.

It's rebroadcasts out of Fresno. I get it clear as a bell an hour outside of Fresno. Listener funded since the 40's, intentionally so, because they didn't want to be tainted by corporate greed. I can respect that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Who do you listen to? Do you ever listen to Dennis Prager? Dennis Miller was good too not sure if he is still on.

Lance Roberts and his crew plus a little savage. Used to listen to laura ingrams but apparently not in car during her show any more. Random conservative hosts on am700 in houston.

Bill o reilley and so dennis miller on tv. For liberal side Oliver, Bee. Libertarian / smug listen to maher some depending on guest.

Keeps me out of the bubble. Presents same events from multiple perspectives. Shows me what one group is ignoring or doesnt care about.

Protects me a little from being blindsided. Lets me see a broader perspective.

However over the last 8 years especially the right is losing me. They seem obsessed, irrational, unwilling to act in good faith. Ye.. That could just be my perspective and doesn't reflect reality. But that opinion seems fact based and rational.

There is a real danger in the republicans being complete whack jobs. As i become emotional in my opposition i become irrational and lose objectivity.

So i try to avoid that. But it is really hard with people defending Trump. A bit of me says fuck it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Lance Roberts and his crew plus a little savage. Used to listen to laura ingrams but apparently not in car during her show any more. Random conservative hosts on am700 in houston.

Bill o reilley and so dennis miller on tv. For liberal side Oliver, Bee. Libertarian / smug listen to maher some depending on guest.

Keeps me out of the bubble. Presents same events from multiple perspectives. Shows me what one group is ignoring or doesnt care about.

Protects me a little from being blindsided. Lets me see a eoder perspective.

However over the last 8 years especially the right is losing me. They seem obsessed, irrational, unwilling to act in good faith. Ye.. That could just be my perspective and doesnt reflect reality. But that opinion seems fact based and rational.

There is a real danger in the republicans being complete whack jobs. As i become emotional in my opposition i become irrational and lose objectivity.

So i try to avoid that. But it is teally hard with people defending tTrump. A bit of me says fuck it.

I'm the same way. I try to listen to all the sides but I end up on the librtarian side.

One show I'd recommend is the Tom Woods show on the YouTube Channel or through his podcast. He's more educationally focused and doesn't get raving like Savage or the others. He plays devil's advocate well with his guests to ask the questions critics would have. Do you have any recommendations on your side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in particular except to listen to a variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

The examples Mac provided aren't factual, but are presented as such to an all too receptive crowd that eats up such nonsense.

I would feel similarly about left wing nonsense presented as fact by talk show radio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.