Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clark
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
So, I thought I had this down, but then tonight was playing competitive with one other player - he playing all 4 musketeers, me Milady. I went to La Rochelle on my first turn, he played double combat there with Aramis, I revealed and removed the card.

He then asked - "Is there anything to stop Milady going to La Rochelle every turn, this way she could always remove combat cards, without risking loss herself."

We worked through a load of scenarios, and at first glance this seems to guarantee a win for Milady via victory at La Rochelle.

What are we missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kaganek
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
- Musketeers can store up to three combat cards at La Rochelle, and Milady can remove only one card.

- Combat cards played to La Rochelle are not removed at the end of round, they stay in La Rochelle (until Milady removes them).

- Musketeers can sacrifice life to cancel Milady's swords.

- Musketeers have "Monsieur de Bassompierre" card, which cannot be removed from La Rochelle.

As far as I remember my plays years ago, as Musketeers we would usually try to win La Rochelle in a first few rounds, and after that Porthos and de Bassompierre were enough to prevent loss in that location until end of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest making the game easier for the musketeers. As the rulebook suggests you may give the "One for all and all for one"-card for the musketeers and I'd even give one more round of time, especially if you are new to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.