10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: New Campaigns for RTL App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
I just purchased Descent Base set today because my group is a coop game group. We have avoided this game because of the overlord aspect. I am really excited to play now that it is fully coop. My questions are the following: Are there more then the two campaigns for the app? Do you purchase new campaigns on the app? Do they automatically download once you purchase a physical expansion set and add it to your collection on the app? Just curious how this works. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment there are only two campaigns available and are both free of charge. The first one is short and serves as an introduction to the app. They are both unlocked from the beginning, but their content (mostly heroes, monster groups and side quests) will vary depending on which/how many expansions you own. You select these in the section of the app that tracks your physical collection of Descent products.

It is implied that future campaigns will have to be purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Please include a question mark in your subject to avoid people getting excited, seriously. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question too:

How is expansion content integrated in these campaigns (Kindred Fire especially)? I get the app will draw on the monster groups and tiles, conditions and allow the heroes, but some have implied whole quests would unlock too; is this true?

RtL lacks the procedural remixing of MoM 2Es app, right? Every replay with have the same objectives and map, right? Same monster groups too? How replayable are these missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I have a question too:

How is expansion content integrated in these campaigns (Kindred Fire especially)? I get the app will draw on the monster groups and tiles, conditions and allow the heroes, but some have implied whole quests would unlock too; is this true?

Some of the expansions add an additional side quest which may or may not show up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of the quests mix expansion content, or is it "I added Shadows of Nerekhall, now I've unlocked a Nerekhall specific map with Nerekhall monsters"? Does it feel fluid (maps that mix tiles from expansions, or at least monster mixing)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hausknecht
msg tools
mbmbmb
You have campaing with a number of main quests, these are always the same, then you have side quests, which are chosen randomly from all of your owned expansions.

The maps of these all quests (main and side) are alwas the same, as the objective, some key monster groups will still be the same too, but many monster groups are open and will be randomly chosen from your collection.
The random same thing goes for the effects, that monsters can get with their activation and perils that occurs from time to time. Monsters can get various conditions from other expansions added to their attack or spawn lieutenants you own.

For example, we were in one of our quests near the end, having almost completed main quest, while the major peril appeared - and the Queen Arriad (spider form lieutant) appeared and totaly destroyed our group because she blocked two of our heroes in one room and other two were left to fight the main boss alone (we did run out of time, because we had only like two turns left to finish our objective)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The app does have "If you own (specific content), then spawn (this monster)" parameters. During my tests, repeating the same scenarios (having to start a new campaign each time) the app kept calling for a specific monster group from one of the H&M packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
The app does have "If you own (specific content), then spawn (this monster)" parameters. During my tests, repeating the same scenarios (having to start a new campaign each time) the app kept calling for a specific monster group from one of the H&M packs.

Interesting.

So, how would you rate this statement?

The content used

Across all quests: Heroes, items, conditions, monsters.

Across specially designed quests related to a specific expansion: tiles, monsters.

Yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
foxreinard wrote:

I've personally noticed heavy usage of Reanimates (I own everything and have it all marked in-app), and have never in two full Kindred Fire campaigns with much side-questing seen Gob Witchers, Frost Wyrms, Golems, Shades, or several others. I'm not certain if the Reanimates thing is intended, a bug, or just weird random luck, though. Excepting a specific Mists of Bilehall side-quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.