Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was on here awhile ago asking about these sets because i couldnt find a base set, but I have found a place that has just the old version not the arena version

If I buy this, what am I missing by not getting the arena version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't miss much. There are a few more utility cards like Dispel/Dissolve/Teleport. The board/box is a more shelve friendly format. That's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn is correct. You miss out on some updated art, a few card quantities were increased, and we made punch outs for some of the tokens, though tokens are not needed as anything can make due there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah given two equal choices I'd pick 4th printing (Arena), but if it cost more than £5 more I'd take an older one. If you end up getting 2 core (you probably will if you like the game) then you ideally want one Arena and one older anyway (for diversity of token selection, spellbooks and boards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.