Subject: Looking for an old Submarine game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
I need help, I cannot remember the name of the game. It had a large 3D board with 3 levels that only the sub player could see, on top was the destroyers that moved around and tried to find the subs on the lower levels. Is this ringing a bell with anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Sub Search
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Joy
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the game you're looking for is Sub Search. Cool old school floor-time gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thank you both for getting that one. It was driving me crazy trying to remember blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I was thinking about that one only yesterday, and what a PITA it was to put together every time!

Hardly worth the effort either, with only an idiot younger sister to play it with.
My parents weren't big on inspecting presents for playability... I remember they got us Masterpiece and The Inventors, which are no fun with two.
(but we got our own back with that ringy-dingy dice tower in the latter game...)

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance for a Sub Search buy at a thrift store a few years ago. Passed on it and still regret it. I just couldn't justify transporting the thing (I was traveling).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Sub Search and The Inventors are games I look back at fondly from childhood. I often think about getting them for nostalgia, but realize they likely won't hold up today. My Triumvirate would also include Situation Four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.