5 Posts

Game of Energy» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game play with 2? That is how I play a majority of my games and will only back it if it plays well with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
How does the game play with 2? That is how I play a majority of my games and will only back it if it plays well with 2.

My intital thought is that with more players the places to put your industries will fill up more quickly so you would have to be more strategical about where to place them. There is however a dummy Corporation that you can add in that comes with the game (for solo) that will give the sense of an extra player.
Also you can play with the alternative rules that prohibits moving industries after they have been placed, either by anobydy but the owner or by everyone. This will make for a tighter more strategic game even with less players.
An idea for the designer could also be to block out parts of the territories when playing with fewer players or to have maybe 2 dummy copr. so that you can play a 3 player game solo or up to 4 when playing a 2 player game.

If you haven't tried it yet there is also a version of the game on Tabletop simulator on steam and on Tabletopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan W
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:

My intital thought is that with more players the places to put your industries will fill up more quickly so you would have to be more strategical about where to place them. There is however a dummy Corporation that you can add in that comes with the game (for solo) that will give the sense of an extra player.
Also you can play with the alternative rules that prohibits moving industries after they have been placed, either by anobydy but the owner or by everyone. This will make for a tighter more strategic game even with less players.
An idea for the designer could also be to block out parts of the territories when playing with fewer players or to have maybe 2 dummy copr. so that you can play a 3 player game solo or up to 4 when playing a 2 player game.

If you haven't tried it yet there is also a version of the game on Tabletop simulator on steam and on Tabletopia.

Very thorough answer! I will add that it plays fine with 2 players when not using the Dummy Corp. cards, too, especially when playing with some alt rules. In fact, many reviewers played the majority of their games as only 2 players, and no alt rules, and really enjoyed it!

Also, the "blocking out" parts of territories is already in the works as a possible expansion in the future. It may even just be PnP since it wouldn't be too large of an expansion if I don't add other things to it. The stretch goal with the 2-3 player variant on the back of the board was going to include this automatically if it was met. But no biggie! I'm just excited about the prospect of the game funding
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hope it funds this time around. Would be a real shame if it didn't!

But that's obviously not going to happen.... let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curly Tea
msg tools
91% Funded!!! Hoping to unlock some Stretch Goals!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.