Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Winnowski
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are characters/roles assigned randomly or our choice? We were choosing randomly but reading the forums and base game rules makes it sound like a choice? I guess we handicapped ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a choice. Hell, you even get to see the starting Infections and starting hands before choosing (got 4 cards of the same color between two players? dust off the Researcher and Scientist!).

Regular Pandemic is random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
The Pandemic Legacy rules explicitly say you get to choose. And explicitly say when in the setup procedure you make that choice.

If you've overlooked that rule, it may be worth re-reading the entire rulebook to make sure there's nothing else you've missed. Everything matters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
The Pandemic Legacy rules explicitly say you get to choose. And explicitly say when in the setup procedure you make that choice.

If you've overlooked that rule, it may be worth re-reading the entire rulebook to make sure there's nothing else you've missed. Everything matters!

this is excellent advice. my group definitely missed a few things. i would also recommend re-reading the rules before each subsequent game as it's very easy to forget new rules that were added one game ago but outside of that largely haven't been rules before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, it's good policy to reread rules immediately before and immediately after a session - the former reminds you of anything you'd forgotten; the latter makes it easier to spot things you got wrong in the game you just played, rather than having forgotten what you actually did and convincing yourself that you must have done it just like the book says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Also, while i'd never normally mutilate a rulebook, it feels completely in the spirit of Pandemic Legacy to cover the rules in highlighter and annotations if you think it would help.

For example, I added a big "Step 4 over there ---->" between steps 3 and 5 on page 6, pointing at page 7. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.