Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules in 9.3 Anti-Armor Assault muddle in a manner that uncertainties remain even though I carefully read them several times. There are two types of anti-armor assault, one during the close assault vs. AFVs, and another one as defensive fire vs. AFVs in a response.

"Anti-armor assault is performed by units that move by foot into a hex occupied by enemy AFV or transport units. An anti-armor assault can also be made as a response to an armored assault as described in the previous section. Anti-armor assault cannot be performed as a group, but must be performed individually by the units wishing to perform it. Moreover, assaulted units may fire defensively, the first time at normal FF, the following defensive fire must first pass a morale check and if successful they will fire with his FF halved. The assaulting unit must make a pre-assault morale check with a -1 modifier to its morale if the assault is vs. AFVs or armored transports."

It seems to suggest that during close assault vs. AFVs, all units in the stack must pass through a pre-assault morale check vs. AFVs, while in a response amid armor assault, each of them can attempt a defensive fire individually against the armoured assault. The first one fire at normal fire factor automatically without a morale check but the following units can fire at half the fire factor only after they can pass a morale check. In both cases, the divisor would be two regardless of the type of terrain the assault taking place. But I am very uncertain about my understanding of the rules. Can someone shed his light over here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
Hi Lawrence

It seems to suggest that during close assault vs. AFVs, all units in the stack must pass through a pre-assault morale check vs. AFVs, while in a response amid armor assault, each of them can attempt a defensive fire individually against the armoured assault. The first one fire at normal fire factor automatically without a morale check but the following units can fire at half the fire factor only after they can pass a morale check. In both cases, the divisor would be two regardless of the type of terrain the assault taking place. But I am very uncertain about my understanding of the rules. Can someone shed his light over here?

No, If you pass the morale check for example with 3 units you make 3 atacks at normal efect, but individually with the divisor of two for every attack

regards

JCC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.