Popular Tags: [View All]
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to get all of the maps that are available for ASL? If you buy the Map Bundle from MMP you only (!) get map #'s 1-52 and t-z; how do you get SK maps a-s if at all?

I was looking at a couple scenarios that use maps out of Deluxe ASL modules and I really don't want those modules (even if they were more affordable). With Yanks: ASL Module 3 finally coming out there will be an additional 8 maps but what about the others?

Is getting all of the maps possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Wu
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a comprehensive list of the officially released ASL mapboards.

There are no SK maps a-o - the designations started at the end of the alphabet and worked backwards. Maps a-h are the DASL boards which are not available in SK format, only the old mounted style.

The maps included in Yanks are already included in the map bundle. For after 52 you need to track down Action Packs 4-12 (of which several are OOP), Winter Offensive Bonus Packs 1-7 (all still in print I think), and Special Ops #5. Then the SK boards missing from the map pack are in Expansion Pack #1 and Beyond the Beaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:
how do you get SK maps a-s if at all?
You can buy them separately on MMP.
Letter a hasn't been reached : the SK maps are produced in the reversed order of the alphabet : z, y, x, ...
I think that they haven't gone down further than 'o'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:
Letter a hasn't been reached : the SK maps are produced in the reversed order of the alphabet : z, y, x, ...

That brings up a question then, starter kit scenario S57, Haase to Hold On, says to use map "b". This was kind of the genesis for this thread; I didn't know where you can get this map outside the Deluxe modules and it isn't included in the map bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Wu
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:
That brings up a question then, starter kit scenario S57, Haase to Hold On, says to use map "b". This was kind of the genesis for this thread; I didn't know where you can get this map outside the Deluxe modules and it isn't included in the map bundle.

You can't. But S57 actually uses mapboard "q", not "b"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hervuli wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:

You can't. But S57 actually uses mapboard "q", not "b"

Aahh, that explains one (of many) issues. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sockwell
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:

Wouldn't that be "up"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe the "Fort" maps (i.e. the non-8x22) are available for separate purchase. Only the 'standard' sizes as far as I know.

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAS01 wrote:
Robin wrote:
Zigihogan wrote:

Wouldn't that be "up"?

My head is dizzy now...
Down the normal alphabetical order, which means up the inverted one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:
I was looking at a couple scenarios that use maps out of Deluxe ASL modules and I really don't want those modules
You always can play with those maps on VASL. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadir_E wrote:
I don't believe the "Fort" maps (i.e. the non-8x22) are available for separate purchase. Only the 'standard' sizes as far as I know.

Correct; none of the Fort maps are available as "parts," nor are any of the regular geoboards past 52 other than 59 and 68. Chas Argent has said that at some point they'll do an updated map bundle that will include the presently unavailable post-52 boards, and I would wager that they'll make the higher boards available for individual sale like they did in connection with the original map bundle, but I've never seen a timeframe given for the new bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.