Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay guys , please help me understand.

His ability reads

If Ser Jorah Mormont has 3 or more betrayal tokens on him, sacrifice him.

Forced Reaction: After you win a challenge in which Ser Jorah Mormont is participating, place 1 betrayal token on him.

ok, all is well up to this point.

The problem comes when you have duplicates. how do duplicates work on this case? (imagine you have 1 duplicate in play)

you get a 3rd token -> discard duplicate... and then what? what happens to the betrayal tokens? do they go back to 0? do they stay at 3 over the original non-duplicate card?

and power tokens stay on Ser Jorah Mormont even after losing a duplicate right?

---- 0000 ----- 00000

PS. Quick question , does a power challenge only 'steal' power from a faction card and not from characters? last night i was playing against the starks and found it annoying since they had all their power amongst their characters and none on their house card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the rules reference, sacrificed cards cannot be saved, so duplicates should be discarded along with the original copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yes, duplicates don't help against sacrifices.
And even if they did, as there is no effect to remove the betrayal tokens, Jorah would still have them and die right over again, which makes all other saves invalid as well, as you're not allowed to play them if they wouldn't actually save the character.

Also yes, power challenges only steal power from the house card. If there is none on it, tough luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
while i have you here , i might as well ask another quick one.

Daenerys Targaryens ability says :

"while Dany is standing, each character participating on an opponents side in a challenge against you gets -1 STR"

im confused so does this means that as long as Dany is standing all enemies get -1 on all challenges against me... what does against me mean?

if I (as house Targaryen) have the initiative and am attacking house Stark, then all of their characters get -1 since theyre in a challenge against me (even though im the attacker?) , or does it only apply if Dany's side is defending?

im sorry but the wording seems confusing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't matter who's the defender or attacker. Either way, your opponent is participating in a challenge against you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
The wording is there for multiplayer.
If two players other than you are in a challenge against each other, they don't both get -1 STR for all their characters, as the challenge isn't against you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.