Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
If i dont find the game in english in a reasonable price,

im planning to buy it in greek

Will i miss any joke or story or reference this way ?

iv checked it a little and i think all the language is mechanics,

is that true? thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Zaandam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read the books? In Greek or in English? Not that it really matters though, because the game is mostly language independent and there are hardly any jokes in the texts.

Only jokes are in the fitting abilities to their characters of everyone and those are marked by icons

edit: well, except for the winning conditions and special abilities of the different parts of Ankh-Morpork, thos are written in text, but don't have language dependent jokes/references
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ruesailmana wrote:
Have you read the books? In Greek or in English? Not that it really matters though, because the game is mostly language independent and there are hardly any jokes in the texts.

Only jokes are in the fitting abilities to their characters of everyone and those are marked by icons

edit: well, except for the winning conditions and special abilities of the different parts of Ankh-Morpork, thos are written in text, but don't have language dependent jokes/references

yep i have read it , good! ill look around for a english copy and if i cant ill get a greek one which we have loads here, cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.