Hide
7 Posts

TransAmerica» Forums » General

Subject: Can I put my start marker to one of my goal city? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dry 18
msg tools
Can I put my start marker to one of my goal city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so, I can't recall it being against the rules and I've found it advantageous to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but if you think about it, this isn't a very good idea.

To win this game, you need to maximise the amount of track you are using that other players have placed. 95% of the time, other people won't build through your city. Therefore, you will have to build extra connections that might not have been necessary otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dry 18
msg tools
Thank you for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Yes, you can place your marker anywhere.

I agree with Ben that you're probably better off not putting it on one of your cities, though putting your marker on a city that's not one of yours is a considerably worse idea.

Personally, I prefer to put my marker out in the open, to maintain flexibility and keep people guessing. Often, it'll be two tracks away from one or two of my cities, so I can join to them if it turns out I have nothing better to do.

(So far as I'm aware, you can even place your marker on the same spot as another player's, but that's never come up in practice.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dry18 wrote:
Can I put my start marker to one of my goal city?

I'm wondering, is there anything in the rules that might make you think you can't? Here's a quote.

In the first turn, each player places his start marker on the track junction of his choice. This may be on a city. The start marker is the starting point for each player's track network.

Note the part that I have highlighted. It doesn't even need to be a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.