Subject: Another scenario-variant question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
So we talked about that this game is not random at all, it has its system, how the stories and maps build up.

Since now, I have played the first scenario, which we won, and the second, which we lost in a short time.

Without any spoiler details, are there different objectives? Are there different mysteries at the end of a specific story? It doesn't really matter to me, if the core story is similar, but I would be happy for different endgames, ect...

The first game mystery and main objective was:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Vanderbuilt was the main cultist, and we had to close the dimension gate

Are there other endgames?

Are there significant map and search objectives replacing, or the game just put everything from the left side to the right, and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hedfors
Sweden
Sollentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastion wrote:

Are there other endgames?

Yes there are (at least for the first scenario.
The end is different if you find the secret room or not. In our first try we did not explore the secret room. And after a while Vanderbuilt enter the map from the locked door. The second time we found the secret room and the key and we go a slightly different end game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If you find the secret study and get the key, you can interrupt the ritual. You then need to escape the mansion with evidence of the cult to win the game. A nice little extra, if you smash the urn in the study, it spawns the ghost of Gloria Vanderbilt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imp152 wrote:
If you find the secret study and get the key, you can interrupt the ritual. You then need to escape the mansion with evidence of the cult to win the game. A nice little extra, if you smash the urn in the study, it spawns the ghost of Gloria Vanderbilt.

Yet one more variation I haven't seen. I do love how there are little snippets like this to discover each time you play. Another one:

If you take too long, the ritual completes and rips open, spawning big bad monsters. Instead of stopping the ritual, you need to close the tear in the fabric of space and time!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Every scenario is really different as to how much variation there is and the ways in which they vary. The best idea is to simply play them all and see for yourself. The worst idea is to listen to all of the people who have played the 1st scenario once or twice but think they have all the answers and are in a position to 'correct' people who have played the game a lot more than themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
High Flying Bird wrote:
Every scenario is really different as to how much variation there is and the ways in which they vary. The best idea is to simply play them all and see for yourself. The worst idea is to listen to all of the people who have played the 1st scenario once or twice but think they have all the answers and are in a position to 'correct' people who have played the game a lot more than themselves.

Don't worry, I will simply forget these comments in days. When it is time to play, I will barely remember the scenario which I played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.