United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Breitbart is now officially an arm of the Trump campaign:

Quote:
Donald Trump, following weeks of gnawing agitation over his advisers’ attempts to temper his style, moved late Tuesday to overhaul his struggling campaign by rebuffing those efforts and elevating two longtime associates who have encouraged his combative populism.

Stephen Bannon, a former banker who runs the influential conservative outlet Breitbart News and is known for his fiercely anti-establishment politics, has been named the Trump campaign’s chief executive. Kellyanne Conway, a veteran Republican pollster who has been close to Trump for years, will assume the role of campaign manager.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So another "never trumper" falls in line with the party leadership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe he was a never trumper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I don't believe he was a never trumper.
Sure Brebi was anti-trump, but then conservatives are so all over the place it's hard to recall who was anti-trump when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Quote:
Donald Trump, following weeks of gnawing agitation over his advisers’ attempts to temper his style, moved late Tuesday to overhaul his struggling campaign by rebuffing those efforts and elevating two longtime associates who have encouraged his combative populism.

Stephen Bannon, a former banker who runs the influential conservative outlet Breitbart News and is known for his fiercely anti-establishment politics, has been named the Trump campaign’s chief executive. Kellyanne Conway, a veteran Republican pollster who has been close to Trump for years, will assume the role of campaign manager.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08...

So basically Trump is about to go into full on, weapons grade, batshit crazy mode starting now

Thus endeth the GOP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Trump 1
Clinton pretty much every other news outlet according to their leaked emails.

But sure, Trump getting one is bizarre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Trump 1
Clinton pretty much every other news outlet according to their leaked emails.

But sure, Trump getting one is bizarre.

Based on the fact the mean old MSM reports the crazy coming out of Trumps mouth? Hiring the Breitbart guy is a waste of money as those who believe that crap are already Trumpees forever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only people this move will appeal to is the diehards that already dig him even if he "shoots someone in the street". His campaign is blowing up day by day, and Hillary barely needs to campaign, simply let Trump open his mouth, give him enough time, and he'd piss off just about all segments of the population, and in truth, he has very few segments left, that seem to be standing by him. Blacks - No. Mexicans - No. Women - No. White middle class America in the states that matter - No. White middle class America in the states that don't matter - Yes. Well hey, we'll give him a nod on that one, laughs. The Repbulican infrastructure seems to be poorer than the Democrats, Trump does not appear to be ramping up campaign spending, and it's only 3 months until the election. If this is supposed to be a move that helps his campaign, they better buckle their seatbelts, they are in for a rough ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps he's getting ready to ditch Manafort and this is preemptive damage control:

Quote:
Donald Trump's campaign chairman helped a pro-Russian governing party in Ukraine secretly route at least $2.2 million in payments to two prominent Washington lobbying firms in 2012, and did so in a way that effectively obscured the foreign political party's efforts to influence U.S. policy.

The revelation, provided to The Associated Press by people directly knowledgeable about the effort, comes at a time when Trump has faced criticism for his friendly overtures to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It also casts new light on the business practices of campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Under federal law, U.S. lobbyists must declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders or their political parties and provide detailed reports about their actions to the Justice Department. A violation is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c01989a47ee5421593ba1b301ec07...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
The 365th+ "re-set". Been there seen that DJT only takes marching orders from self absorbed narcissists like himself. Who am I kidding his best adviser is himself.

It wont last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oddly appropriate that Andrew Breitbart once allegedly described Bannon as the Leni Riefenstahl of the Tea Party movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, Trump can get his campaign back on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the real story is that the press dug up all the seriously deep shit Manafort was in and he's on his way out. (Hey, he might be a felon! Irony!)

Of course, Manafort was probably the only one keeping a lid on the Trump Logorrhea Theatre of the Macabre. There are not enough desks for the coming months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
If this doesn't "fix" his current problems I guarantee he go back to his "winning" primary strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Former head of Fox News is going to work with the Trump campaign and help prepare Trump for the debates.

And don't forget the former Trump campaign chief that now works for CNN as the staff Trump Apologist.

Seems the Trump campaign is intimately intertwined with the Media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Worked for Teddy Roosevelt... but TR wasn't insane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Former head of Fox News is going to work with the Trump campaign and help prepare Trump for the debates.

And don't forget the former Trump campaign chief that now works for CNN as the staff Trump Apologist.

Seems the Trump campaign is intimately intertwined with the Media.
Hardly a surprise given he all he really is is a celerity landlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clinton has weakened by about 3% in the polls.

I don't think she can maintain the large edge for weeks at a time.

She's going to have to time it so she 'peaks' at the election.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Clinton has weakened by about 3% in the polls.

Not yet according to RCP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TheChin! wrote:

That's easier said than done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

TheChin! wrote:

That's easier said than done!

Bloke on the left.

"Bugger they know I tripped up the train, better look nonchalant".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And how might this change Trump's campaign. This may be a hint regarding the new head Bannon (Bold mine)

Green also reported that Andrew Breitbart had "described Bannon, with sincere admiration, as the Leni Riefenstahl of the Tea Party movement."

And therein lies the problem for a Republican establishment that would like Trump to clean up his act. For non-students of history, Riefenstahl was a filmmaker and Nazi propagandist. The Post's Robert Costa reports that Bannon has encouraged Trump to run as "an unabashed nationalist" — the kind of direction that will give the establishment GOP heartburn.

So the "pivot" to the General Election is a pivot into some serious right wing White Nationalism (I know that is not what the post said, but let us not fool ourselves here).

Basically telling Trump he has been too nice lately

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/do...

Congratulations GOP. You are never going to recover from the Campaign these guys are about to unleash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
And how might this change Trump's campaign. This may be a hint regarding the new head Bannon (Bold mine)

Green also reported that Andrew Breitbart had "described Bannon, with sincere admiration, as the Leni Riefenstahl of the Tea Party movement."

And therein lies the problem for a Republican establishment that would like Trump to clean up his act. For non-students of history, Riefenstahl was a filmmaker and Nazi propagandist. The Post's Robert Costa reports that Bannon has encouraged Trump to run as "an unabashed nationalist" — the kind of direction that will give the establishment GOP heartburn.

So the "pivot" to the General Election is a pivot into some serious right wing White Nationalism (I know that is not what the post said, but let us not fool ourselves here).

Basically telling Trump he has been too nice lately

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/do...

Congratulations GOP. You are never going to recover from the Campaign these guys are about to unleash
One Race, One Nation, One Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't the Snke Oil Salesman announce these shake ups by declaring "You're Fired"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.