Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rydlo
Austria
Klagenfurt
Kärnten
flag msg tools
mbmb
As Dan mentioned on the campaign page, Dean is working on a way to use "Down In Flames" as a way to handle aircombats.
How far are things ?
Do I really need both DiF games, since they are basically stand alone games and only differ by the planes and campaigns they contain?

I can see myself playing DiF-AH with the wingman expansion between other games in the gaming club, but I don't know if DiF-GB will give me that much more mileage to justify buying it.
Whats your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrvistas wrote:
As Dan mentioned on the campaign page, Dean is working on a way to use "Down In Flames" as a way to handle aircombats.
How far are things ?
Do I really need both DiF games, since they are basically stand alone games and only differ by the planes and campaigns they contain?

I can see myself playing DiF-AH with the wingman expansion between other games in the gaming club, but I don't know if DiF-GB will give me that much more mileage to justify buying it.
Whats your opinion?

Hi Robert.

I am currently working on solitaire rules to play out Bandit-to-Fighter attacks and Bandit-to-Bomber attacks. I am still fiddling and testing, but my current thinking is below. It could be subject to changes as I continue testing.

There will be 8 Bandit profiles that apply Bandit card modifications, behaviour traits, and number of Bandit cards in play during a card sequence. Some German tactics may impact the initial encounter as well. You draw the corresponding German aircraft card based on the bandit type attacking you.

You pull the corresponding American aircraft card(s) based on which group is getting attacked. There may be some modifications to the card numbers based on the groups skill level (trained, veteran,...), as well as modifications to play (double maneuvering cost,...).

The German aircraft has 6 extra cards, and the corresponding number of cards are revealed after you play a card, or on the German aircrafts turn. After each card sequence, all the remaining German cards are shuffled and placed face down again. There will be a German sequence of play modified by the selected German profile.

As far as needing both DiF versions... I only have Aces High. I seem to have almost all of the needed cards except for the B-26 and the Optional B-29. So you could probably get by with just that, but substitute hhe B-25 for the B-26. Not sure how to handle the B-29 yet.

I only have two cards for each bomber, and it would be nice to have 4 of each to better represent the Bomber Group. That would allow 2 Bandit cards to be played, making the Bandit-Bomber encounters more interesting. I haven't worked through any bombing rules using DiF, and may not if it doesn't make sense.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rydlo
Austria
Klagenfurt
Kärnten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Dean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.