Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules stress that the player with the most henchmen/gold get Notoriety Points, not tokens.

But from what I can tell, tokens = points at the end anyway.

The fact that the rules stress the points not tokens thing makes me think I am missing something.

Looking at the card powers, I am guessing this rule is for the benefit of the 'Political Campaign' card, which gives you an extra point for every two infamy tokens.

Am I missing anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the only reason we found, yeah. Oh, and I think the tie-breaker cares about tokens at some point.

Possibly also future-proofing against similar powers that care about tokens in any expansions or promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep is correct on all counts. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this changed since the rules posted on the kickstarter?

Under the components secion for infamy tokens it says "Please note that some cards and dice provide Infamy Tokens (which are worth Notoriety Points at the end of the game)."

In the final scoring rules (after talking about points for henchmen/gold) it says: "Players add these points together with those indicated by the cards they've purchased, lus one point for each Infamy Token they have."

I'm still waiting for my KS delivery to check with the final rules. But from what I read before, they were originally worth a point each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infamy tokens are still worth notoriety points.

But the bonus points you get from having the most henchmen and gold are points, not tokens.

The main reason this matters is because there's a card that gives you bonus points depending on how many tokens you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see, I some what misread the original post. I thought by saying you receive points instead of infamy tokens, that OP was implying that tokens weren't points. Thanks for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a huge deal, it just makes it a bit less streamlined to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.