5 Posts

Potion Explosion» Forums » General

Subject: How does this play with children below 8? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
After discovering that we can easily play Karuba with our 5 year old (with some rule tweaks for her), I'm looking for another family game that may be playable for her, even if the suggested age is higher.

Potion Explosion might fit this category and the marbles as well as the puzzly aspect promise to be great fun. Has anyone played this with kids younger than 8? How did it go? Did you use any rule tweaks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it with my 5 year old a few times. The first game I played without the special potion abilities so he could get the game flow down. However, that probably wasn't necessary. He remembers the abilities better than the adults I've played it with multiple times. He says it's his favorite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
Great, just what I wanted to hear! I think I'm gonna buy this as a surprise to take with us on our vacation next month. Hope I manage to keep it unopened until then shake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game with my three kids who are 10, 8, and 7 years old and they have no problems following the rules and remembering the special abilities of each potion. It's been a lot of fun for us. Try it with your kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My 6 year old can play without the special abilities just fine - he loves it.

I'd say just give it a go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.