4 Posts

Grifters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Promo Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Watkins
United States
flag msg tools
In the promo rules it says that you shouldn't include more than one wild card, does that mean if I want to use say the Veteran that I should replace the Inside Man or does it mean I should only include one of the wild Promo cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fulton
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That depends on your preference really. The promo cards are meant to be put into the game a few at a time to change it up, and not dropped in together as an complete expansion.

Personally, I think including one wild promo card alongside of the inside man is fine. I just prefer the game without a BUNCH of wild cards in the game all at the same time. I've seen players use all the promos at once and have a lot of fun with it, so feel free to give it a try.

It just wasn't the way the cards were designed to work. It doesn't mean that it will create a bad experience, or that they will break the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal preference is to play with each of the new non-wild characters, and then add in 2 of each of the wild characters. This gives you a total of 6 wild cards in the deck (similar percentage to the base game with on 3 wilds). When you add in the non-wild promos, but don't increase the number of wild cards, it decreases the odds of anyone getting a wild card (thus making them more powerful).

I refuse to play with the Informant unless I have 4 experienced players who aren't subject to AP. Not only does the Informant throw the number of wild cards out of whack, but more troubling is the fact that playing him grinds the game to a screeching halt. We have to go around the circle and each player decides what they want to do, and then we have to resolve the card. In my experience it just takes away from the fast flow of the game without giving enough interesting decision making in return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game last night (no kickstarter cards added) and my opponent got two wilds and the wheelman, he was an unstoppable mission machine. I had to start stealing loose ISK from him to compete, came out closer than I would have thought, if he hadn't ended the game when he did and I had one more turn it would have been a 3 point victory instead of a 7. Had a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.