Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks!

I received Captain Sonar last week ans played it 4 times already, 2 times in turn by turn mode and the other 2 in real time.

Yesterday while playing real time we had a "problem" with the other crew. When we announced a Sonar, their captain took a very long time to figure out what to tell us. During that time his team mates were discussing strategies and checking possible locations with the Radio Operator.

We thought that kinda broke the feeling of the real time game, so we thought it'd be nice to have some sort of additional timer like a small hourglass that counts 30-60 seconds.

When you announce a system, either you or the other captain has only that amount of time to give an answer or declare a target. While he is doing that, the other team mates are not allowed to speak and not allowed to draw. That way the Captain and Radio Operator need to discuss things during the "real" time and not during the breaks.

I'll try this next time I play and report
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see that there is a reason for it. If captain is delaying in response, then the other team finds this very useful as well.

As a captain, I'd rather respond ASAP and MOVE-MOVE-MOVE rather than let the opposition prepare a chain of actions to take my sub down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I don't see that there is a reason for it. If captain is delaying in response, then the other team finds this very useful as well.

Yes, our Radio Ops was getting irritated with the enemy Captain for taking a long time after calling "STOP" until I told him that I appreciated having the time to quietly converse with my First Mate and Engineering about what we would do after the pause ended. I found that to be a natural balancing factor for long pauses. Your mileage may vary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.