Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules wrote:
…at the start of your turn, you can place him next to your Merchant.

I looked at the German, and it has a similar unfortunate preposition as the "next to" used in English (so, the translation is true to the source, at least). Is this to say that I deploy my Companion with (i.e. on the same Place as) my Merchant, or on a Place adjacent to my Merchant's Place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Companion comes into play on your Merchant's place, or on an adjacent space?
zefquaavius wrote:
the rules wrote:
…at the start of your turn, you can place him next to your Merchant.

I looked at the German, and it has a similar unfortunate preposition as the "next to" used in English (so, the translation is true to the source, at least). Is this to say that I deploy my Companion with (i.e. on the same Place as) my Merchant, or on a Place adjacent to my Merchant's Place?
It's "with", so on the same tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Your Companion comes into play on your Merchant's place, or on an adjacent space?
Excellent, thank you! I suggest clarifying that, changing "next to" to "on the same Place as".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makoto Morichika
msg tools
Hello everyone, thanks for the game rule. I can't wait to play the new expansion!
After reading the rule book, I have some little questions about companion.
Can companion go to Fountain and do the actions? And, do red and green Mosques tiles available when companion does the actions?
Thanks for answering!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Makoto02 wrote:
Can companion go to Fountain and do the actions?

Yes (so can your family member).
Makoto02 wrote:
And, do red and green Mosques tiles available when companion does the actions?

Yes, I believe you can use your red and green Mosque tiles' abilities even when using your family member or companion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makoto Morichika
msg tools
Nice! Thanks for answering. So if companion uses the Fountain actions, I can immediately take my assistants back to my Merchant stack, even if my Merchant is at other place, right?

And I wonder that the encounter tile in Mocha expansion, does the tile effect to the Courier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Makoto02 wrote:
Nice! Thanks for answering. So if companion uses the Fountain actions, I can immediately take my assistants back to my Merchant stack, even if my Merchant is at other place, right?
That is precisely correct!

Makoto02 wrote:
And I wonder that the encounter tile in Mocha expansion, does the tile effect to the Courier?
Heh, another omission in the rules, I'm afraid. Per the strict graphics of the tile, I'd argue "no", but per the spirit of the tile, I'd argue "yes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
Makoto02 wrote:
Heh, another omission in the rules, I'm afraid. Per the strict graphics of the tile, I'd argue "no", but per the spirit of the tile, I'd argue "yes".

It is not omitted, but stated under the Great Bazaar variant section at the bottom of page 6:
bottom of page six wrote:
Note: The Tavern tile regarding the Governor, Smuggler, and Coffee Trader does also apply to the Courier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Glad to be mistaken!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly me, I even had it right in the holistic summary I created. I'm not sure how I momentarily got the impression that it wasn't in the rules. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.