Ray Walter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello All,
Can somebody clarify a point in the rules for me. Under rule 6.4.4 Changing the Target it says:

"Visual Confirmation: During an Attack Turn, a Lancaster achieves visual confirmation if it occupies the Circling Near Box of a breached dam."

Then under rule 7.9.8 Dam Breached? it says:

"If the dam was breached, aircraft transferring back to the Flight Map from the dam’s Target Map automatically adopt their Secondary Target as their new Primary Target (via Visual Confirmation [6.4.4]). Only aircraft transferring from the breached dam may do this. If no Secondary Target has been designated, the Lancasters adopt the Target of Last Resort as their Primary Target [6.4.4]."

So, if I have aircraft in the Circling Far Box, and on the Target Attack Turn track (i.e., NOT in the Circling Near Box) when the dam is breached do they also automatically adopt their Secondary Target as their new Primary Target on transferring back to the Flight Map? Or do they have to be informed via Wireless?

Many thanks!

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Hi Ray, sorry for the late response. Been traveling and internet connection has been spotty.

Lancs circling far may return to the Flight Map with Lancs circling near, and automatically update their Primary Target. They may also be organized in one or more Flights with those returning from the Circling Near box. The rationale is that they would learn about the breach via VHF, or some other means (very light), and head for the next target.

The rule about visual confirmation is for those Lancs still on the Flight Map at the time of breach. They have no immediate knowledge of the breach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.