Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere.

I was intrigued about using the new quest charter with the old Mistfall quests so I printed it out. While I think I understand it and I generally like the idea of a more deterministic time flow, the change to the reinforcements track is what really caught my attention.

Won't the new reinforcements track end up causing many more reinforcements in the quest area each turn? It seems the track escalates more quickly unless there is some offsetting reason that it does not. It seems like this change will increase the pressure to complete each encounter in a single turn.

Thanks for anyone's thoughts on the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Holderman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 I have had the same thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
You may be used to using the nightmare side of the hero charters after a game or 3 of vanilla Mistfall, but trust me you probably want to revert to normal sides for using the new quest/time tracks.

In this case, oneshotting encounters is still quite viable and reinforcements rarely an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.